Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RADSL funny story!

Options
  • 15-05-2003 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭

I was browsing through my old posts from last year (29-05-2002) , when I stumbled across this...

I wrote...
    Even if your exchange has been upgraded to ADSL,the installation site cannot be more than 3.5km from the exchange.
    Eircon will also be introducing another variation called RADSL which in effect extends the reach from 3.5km to 5.5km,while line noise can now be as high as 55db but your upstream speed will lower as a result in steps of 32kbits/sec.

Dustaz replied....
    Carbsy where did you hear they would install RADSL? Ive never seen them say they would. In fact in another thread they are reported as saying they wouldnt be upgrading to it any time soon.

me again...
    Dustaz,
    I was merely stating that they would be introducing it.I know it probably wont be anytime soon...
    Just wanted to give the lads some hope like ;)

And then Ando jumps in with this wild comment! :p
    quote:
    Originally posted by carbsy
    Eircon will also be introducing another variation called RADSL .

No their not, where is your info coming from?
    I went to the DSL dealer launch and asked Paul robinson from eircom about Radsl. He said there was no chance of eircom introducing radsl. Radsl is totally different, like sdsl or vdsl.. he said eircom is consentrating on adsl.

:D Made me laugh no end I tell ya :D

Credit where credit is due :P

carb.

BTW the full thread can be read here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

This time last year you were guilty of spreading rumours. Ya know what Dustaz is like when posters spread rumours......he gets twitchy.

Anyway, you never told us the whole truth, imagine this post!

Stardate May 29 2002

Subject: Eircom will announce RADSL in January 2003

Eirocm will make a wholesale version of the product available for resale by other carriers and they will alll launch the product in April 2003 .

Never mind what Paul Robinson , senior Eircom product geezer , said about them concentrating on ADSL only, RADSL will be here in 11 months and /me Carbsy will hold them to that.

End

We would all have had a good laff.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

hehe , funny how things work out! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Matfinn

Jaysus Carsby I nearly **** myself from laughing at that ;)

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Wow, well played.

You sure made a fool of me.

Feel free to post up some more hypothesis and rumours, ill make sure to sticky it and treat it as gospel from now on carbsy. You truly are a seer for the new communications medium.

Pity you didnt manage to see a threadlocking :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement