Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B.y.o.d

• 15-05-2003 9:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

Bring your own drink(for anyone who didn't get it)

Just noticed as I passed Khan's Balti in Donnybrook that they run a bring your own drink jobbie. It's the first one I've seen in Ireland. There's loads of them in London, especially in Indians but not in Ireland.
    Just wondered if anyone knew of a few other places in the city which run the same policy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭commuterised

The Pizza Mill in Greystones used to do the same thing although they didn't put up a dirty great big sign in the window.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by Gaffo
    Bring your own drink(for anyone who didn't get it)

Just noticed as I passed Khan's Balti in Donnybrook that they run a bring your own drink jobbie. It's the first one I've seen in Ireland.

What's their un-corking fee?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Gaffo

Don't know but it's usually a nominal fee (€1 - €1.50). Just guessing really so don't actually know, can't be that much though. Can it?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

That's sounds exceptionally reasonable.
    A friend of mine used to have a wine business and he tells me the fee is usually in the €4.00 to €7.00 range per bottle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Gaffo

I think they only do that in very fancy reataurants where they have a licence and you still bring your own. I got charged nearly a fiver for corking a bottle of champagne I brought to the restaurant cos they didn't have any themselves.
    Must check it out cos if it cost that much to cork it its a bit of a waste. The restaurant are still making the same profit margin as if they actually sold wine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement