Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demanding fair billing....

Options
  • 15-05-2003 10:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭

If Eircom can bill for surpassing the cap of 4Gb, then would it be reasonable for everyone to mail them, and ComReg with a request to get a bonus each time they come in under the cap? ESat work like this with mobile phones.

Seems to make sense to me. What's the best way of pushing this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

One of the Reasons the Cap is there is that People dont constantly download MP3's and the like its so that evertone else has a good service as well. Contention Ratio and latency !!!!!

In in the T&C

I cant see it happening.

For the First month or 2 you will download everything you need but then like everything else you will get bored with it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

IP throttling and load balancing is a much more reasonable way of handling abuse. It leaves very little room for abuse, and leaves the user free to use services without bitwatching. Which is exactly how it should be.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭-Wheeler-

Just got my first bill since I singed up for i-stream with Eircom, and it's pretty confusing to say the least. It looks like they've charged me the €45 (ex vat) monthly rate, aswell as a a 'partial charge' of around €31, for the period 24/4 to 16/5. I'm going to ring them later to try to find out what the hell I'm paying for. Anyone else have this problem on their first bill ?

Do you pay your monthly rate, in advance, hence the double payment in the first bill, (similar to mobile phone monthly rental) ?

Wheeler_1028.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by wheeler_1028

Do you pay your monthly rate, in advance, hence the double payment in the first bill, (similar to mobile phone monthly rental) ?

Wheeler_1028.
    Yip-its like line rental-billed in advance. It should pro-rate on cancellation too.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭-Wheeler-

That's what the biddies in Eircom told me - thanks 'jd' that clears it up. - Still a shocker of a bill though !!!

Wheeler_1028

• Advertisement
Advertisement