Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[E3] The Matrix Online

Options
  • 15-05-2003 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭

Yet another MMORPG announced.... This time its the Matrix thats getting the online treatment. There is plenty of scope there for an online game, hopefully ubisoft and warner bros can pull it off. Scheduled for 2004.
    Some screenshots here :

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/matrixonlinetentativetitle/screenindex.html

They look like fairly early ones.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i dont know why this post was ignored but i cant wait, they are beta testing it this year too. This game is too good to be true but i hope it turns out good.

The Matrix Online Offical Website

Screen shots

graphics dont look that bad, similar to gta3(ps2) type graphics

"Last but not least, Ubi Soft has also issued the E3 2003 trailer for The Matrix Online, offering 1 minute and a half of CGI and gameplay footage for this upcoming MMORPG developed by Monolith. "Set in a virtual, persistent online universe in which millions of players around the globe can participate, The Matrix Online will feature cutting-edge graphics, real-time martial arts combat and a rich storyline that picks up where The Matrix Revolutions, the third chapter in The Matrix film trilogy, leaves off. " Following the beta test in 2003, The Matrix Online is expected to launch in 2004"

Trailer 6.6 Mb !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

The FAQ mentions that bullet time will be in the game. How exactly are they going to put bullet time in an online game? The only way to stop it from becoming a disadvantage is to slow everyone down, and are they really going to slow down thousands of gamers just because someone is using bullet time?

that is a great question, i am sure they have a way .They might slow us down only or show us them slowly OR make us faster or it will only effect people within a certain ration.

The game is already made though... ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

I had sneaky suspecion something like this well happen.

#S.W.E.E.T# :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭Sand

How good will it be when people realise they cant be neo and are basically spending their time waiting for agents or whatever to spawn so they can level up - along with ten thousand others:|

well thats what a game is .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

yeah it looks pretty cool, but it seems like its a bit much tohave to buy the game, and then u have still have to register and pay a monthly subscribtion fee!!

Advertisement