Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky dishes

• 15-05-2003 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hello,
    I recently came over from the UK and brought my Sky digibox with me, does anyone know where i can buy a sky dish and LNB.
    Thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

www.satellite.ie

Why didn't you unbolt the old dish? It's yours.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Any dish with a universal LNB will do.

Just make sure it is big enough - the really small minidishes that work in London won't do as well - same story in Scotland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Genghis

Originally posted by watty
    www.satellite.ie

Why didn't you unbolt the old dish? It's yours.

LOL - or someone elses! (Picturing the scene where some fella rings the local Gardai to report a stolen Satellite Dish!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Booo! Down with that sort of thing!

(Note: we are not advocating the unlawful removal of other peoples Sky Digital dishes)

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭daveharlowe

Originally posted by WalkOn
    Hello,
    I recently came over from the UK and brought my Sky digibox with me, does anyone know where i can buy a sky dish and LNB.
    Thanks..

Hi WalkOn,

I have sent you a PM

/me has a couple spare, I could deliver in Limerick...

regards,
    Dave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Dave..

Your house must be like a warehouse with all the other "spare" radio gear you have!

I must pop in and see :D

Originally posted by watty
    Dave..

Your house must be like a warehouse with all the other "spare" radio gear you have!

I must pop in and see :D

I bought a 5 pack of zone 2 60cm dishes from ebay a few weeks back...still have 2 spare.

regards,
    Dave

daveharlowe@hotmail.com

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by daveharlowe
    I bought a 5 pack of zone 2 60cm dishes from ebay a few weeks back...still have 2 spare.

regards,
    Dave

daveharlowe@hotmail.com

Out of curiousity, Dave, how much did you fork out for them?

Originally posted by irishbyte
    Out of curiousity, Dave, how much did you fork out for them?

I think I paid €120 for the 5 of them, including delivery, if you do decide to buy a pack of 5, make sure that you are buying Zone 2 dishes, the Zone 1 dishes are there also, and (apparantly) are not recommended for Ireland, although, I know people use them all the time.

Ebay has Quad LNB's now for about the UK£60 mark, including delivery.

regards,
    Dave

daveharlowe@hotmail.com

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

€120 is very good for 5 Zone 2 dishes! The LNB's alone are nearly worth that!

The Zone 1 dishes can work in Ireland but the signal levels would be a lot lower and may cause breakup in bad weather, and indeed we have plenty of bad weather! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement