Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fa Cup Final

• 15-05-2003 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

I know its only Thursday but I may as well get the ball rolling for the weekends Cup Final.
    So whos gonna win?
    Do the Saints have something up their sleeves and if so what?or will it be a whitewash?
    I like to think of Cup Finals as an entertaining,spend all morning getting ready for kinda day but this year I'm not too bothered.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/fa_cup/3029995.stm <-- good article.

I think Arsenal will win, 2-0 or 2-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Would love Southampton to win it,im a big fan of Gordon Strachan and it would breath life back into the FA Cup.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

2-1 to Arsenal IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

4-2 to Arsenal..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Southamption to win 1-0.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Gaffo

It'd be great to see Southampton win, more to teach Arsenal a lesson than anything else.

But realistically it has to be Arsenal to win, although they seriously struggled against Sheffield Utd. If South make the game physical and don't let Ars dominate and dictate the play they've a very good chance. A lot of if's though. Just have to wait and see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

The Gooners should and probably will win. They have been inconsistant lately but so I can see them narrowly winning or else turning it on and blowing S'ampton out of the water

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭PAPILLION

i was supposed to be going out with a bunch of guys and having a couple of pints during the game, but my partners younger brother is coming up for the weekend and we have to take him into town for some bloody skateboarding event thing.! have to babysit 2 15 year olds instead of watching the cup. its the bloody cup ffs not any old match!

and I know or a fact that the brother (being a liverpool supporter) would (if the shoe was on the other foot and the pool were playing in the FA Cup) tell me to piss off if i asked him the time of day during it.

anyway here to the gunners...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭PAPILLION

oh.. back on the point tho

3-1 arsenal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭anarchy

take the wheels off his skateboard, that'll put an end to his delinquent ways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

there seems to be an awful lot of hassle in the arsenal camp right now, they'll be bitter over the league this could go one of two ways though plus they hammered southampton v.recently although it was a shadow side. aresnal are the better side if they come out on the pitch in the right frame of mind, if not twill be the st. marys lads day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm 100% behind the Saints, I'd love to see Wenger end up with nothing after his displays of hubris.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Been a while since ive been here...../me whispers wan United :D...never write em off ;) Cough

I think Strachan Deliberately lost to Arsenal, there was nothing major at stake, he may be trying to lure Arsenal into a false sense of security.

Would love to see SH do it, Im gonna say extra time Arsenal to take it.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I'd like to see the Saints win something but I reckon Arsenal will win 2-1 or someting! :ninja:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Saints to sneak it 1-0*

* In all my years I have not gotten one final prediction correct :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Matters

I thinks the Saints will do it against an under strength Arsenal, they have to I have got alot of money on it, I got southampton @5/1 yesterday in paddypower, so they better do it or else...

So

2 - 0 to the saints

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i'll be stitting down with my cans and 5 live wtaching what should be a cracking game of football.

tell the skateboarder to take the backseat and watch the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

3 - 2 to Arsenal, though I'd love Southampton to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Oh when the Saints...
    Oh when the Saints...

Ahh ye know the rest

3-1 to Southampton please god

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Appears to be the final with the least amount of intrest in ages. I think Arsenal destroying Southampton last week did nothing for people thinking its going to be a good game

Tickets are being sold for close to face value here in London! If I was not going to the big game next week I'd go up to it, to see the stadium in Cardiff if nothing else

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Something tells me that Sothhampton are going to feel the lash of a disappointed Arsenal. I cant see past a very determined Arsenal team and if they score early we could be looking at the most one sided final in recent times.

Hyzepher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Arsenal will win it but i hope the saints can cause an upset :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Bob the Unlucky Octopus

Fat chance!

Gwan you Gunners! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I thought it was an even enough match. It was just that the team with the goal won and that is the main factor. Southampton were unlucky near the end. Well done David Seaman with that save, absolutely brilliant. He looked shakey with his kicking earlier in the game though.

Advertisement