Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farmers and Pups

Options
  • 04-05-2003 2:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭

It may be a good idea for this farmer to have his dog(s) fixed. If he's going to let them have a litter every year and put them down, I'd personally consider that cruel.

Really wtf is the problem with farmers in this country? A friend of mine knows a farmer who does exactly the same, and every year it is exactly the same, my friend does her best to find them a home (not an easy task).

Jer

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

I think, now correct me if i wrong here, but some farmers believe that if the dogs are "fixed" it alters their instincts and "personalities" for want of a better word, enough to make them less effective as working animals. supposedly its healthier for the dogs to let them have litters.

thats a pile of sh*te as far as im concerned though, my friends a veterinary nurse,works on some farms and agrees with me, theres no scientific proof.

PERSONALLY I THINK ITS THE F*CKING FARMERS WHO SHOULD BE PUT DOWN.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

maybe we should start up a new thread to debate this? or can it be moved? (i want to reply to this but i feel bad for goig off topic on terra!) i also think some farmers are disgraceful that way but you can't tar them all with the same brush. i know a pair of farmers living accross the road from each other in wexford, and while one shot his family dog when he hurt his leg badly so he woudn't have to pay for it to be fixed (that is so so so sick) the other one aboslutely LOVES animals,and has had this dog for 14 years that he treats like his own child.

we had a border collie for years, and he was never sick once and he was HUGE (border collies are the lassie type dogs aren't they?)-also i think the miniute ones are gas-so cute.

i'd love to get one again, but more dogs are out of the question for us!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Split this discussion from Terra's one. She may have more luck finding homes for these pups without debates going on in the middle of it!

Advertisement