Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Board Idea,

Options
  • 15-05-2003 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

I was taking a slash this morning (lovely) and for some reason i had an idea for a board, no its not urination its "Missing Persons"
    I think i might help some people out. Familys could post up details and photos of missing people and keep us informed with updates and maybe someone here might be able to help.

i dunno might be stupid but it might help someone

gar
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

great idea - too many people goin missing nowadays....

It's something close to everyones heart Id say. Once someone hears a story about someone that has just vanished - they starting thinkin about their own loved ones and wonder what if.....

yep great idea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Not a Bad idea i suppose it could sort of be like classmates.ie , you never know who could be on this board that you went to school with but havent sen since.Always nice to catch even if it is only by e-mail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

i was thinking more along the lines of actual missing persons, like kids that run away from home and stuff. punters that up and dissaper one day

gar

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

What about the potential for horrible trolling though?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Im sure there is some missing persons service in ireland who would love to work with you on this.

As regards horrible trolling. People aren't that sick.

Are they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Well to be honest i dont think you'll get many respnse's from people who have run away or missing,whats the odds on them logging into boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

To be honest Sposs when they put people's pictures on milk cartons they don't expect the person to see their picture and suddenly realise "Oh I must be missing" and pick up the phone.

Its for people who may know the whereabouts or information on the whereabouts of missing people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Yep and for the familys of the missing to post pictures and last seen details, that type of stuff. i dont think it will be one of the most popular boards here but it might provide some familys with some peice of mind.

gar

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

get in touch with the missing person of ireland assoc (or whatever) tell them about the idea, let them know how much traffic boards gets and how many people might view the details of missing persons.

If you got someone in that organisation to become a regular poster on boards, they could update the forums and answer pms or posts,

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I like that approach. If they wanted to have a forum here that would be cool. If they were willing to pre-moderate posts to it, that would be even better imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Perhaps discussion should be limited to here (does everyone remember when OK went to the Galetacht and people thought he was "missing"?):

MISSING PERSONS
    National Missing Persons Helpline: 1850 442 552

http://www.garda.ie/angarda/missing.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by ballooba
    Im sure there is some missing persons service in ireland who would love to work with you on this.

As regards horrible trolling. People aren't that sick.

Are they?

How long have you been on the interweb?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

As a standalone board with no backing organisation to look after it, it wouldn't work. If you can find an active support group, we can see then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

A board wouldn't get much traffic.

What you'd really like to do would be to get into bed with double click and other banner ad companies/portals.

The advantage to them is huge, by throwing out the odd missing persons ad people will start to pay a lot amount of attention to ads whilst getting the company goodwill.

Even if you couldn't get a regged company could do it you could probbaly setup an alternative and ask pop websites to include it on their code.

- Kevin

Advertisement