Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD Player Problem - new release dvd's

Options
  • 15-05-2003 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

Having seriuos trouble at home with my DVD player.

Any discs that I have for over a year work fine on my dvd player.... but any new releases just wont play.

I have to sit down at the dvd and fiddle aruond for ages witjh it.

I have used numerous clenaing tools for both the discs and lenses.

Its a sony DVD player. I was wondering if this is the same problem with the PS2, where the lazers have to be realigned...

can anyone shed any light?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yea, I would suggest realigning your laser. There was a link somewhere on the forum to a site that detailed how to realign a PS2 laser. If both mechanisms are roughly the same, so should the procedure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭XbLaDe

Maybe bring it to a sony service centre and get the firmware updated.

......... Ive seen sites on the net where you can burn the latest firmware onto a cdr and upgrade it yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

Thanks for the replies guys.

I went through the PS2 disc read error problem steps with my DVD.

I has fixed it - kinda.... I dont get as many C:13:00 errors (which is what my player has been showing up all the time) but I do get it now and again.

I was afraid to go too far with the alignement. In the PS2 version it says only turn the screw something like a quater of an turn..... I must have turned mine at least 5 full turns before i got any response. Im a fecker for always goin that little bit too far - so I stopped myself when I got it to the stage its at now (error once in a while)

Do you still think I should use the firmware technique? Or is it safe to mess with the alignment again?

Thanks

Advertisement