Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mature student grant question

• 15-05-2003 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

Just a quick question about the mature student grant.

Ill be starting college in a plc graphic design course next september. At present im 23, but wasnt 23 at the start of the year which therefore excludes me from the Ms Grant.

The course is set up in a way that after the first year you get a Fetac cert in art/design, and then progress to the two years study for the Graphic design diploma.

Do you think that if I applyed for the Ms grant in the second year, they would see it as a new course and therefore give me the grant as Id be 23 at the start of that year.

Its a long shot I think.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,113 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I dont think it is a long shot, you should try applying anyway

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement