Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In Flames on Sky Digital

Options
  • 15-05-2003 3:03pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭

lo guys
    just to let yez know, not sure if this is mentioned elsewhere on boards but the music channel Scuzz has surprised me greatly and are showing the In Flames video 'Trigger' on rotation this week and next. Great to finally see a good metal band on these so called rock-metal stations. Channel 471 I think. If they prove popular hopefully Scuzz will start to show some more of the better bands around. As for Kerrang its barely average and MTV2 is the soddin pits.
    I didnt realise how lucky I was back in the days when we had Headbangers Ball, The Friday Rock Show and even Superock.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Cool, I must record that. Thanks for the info!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Great choice of song aswell, trigger is only of IF's best IMHO.

Pity I dont have sky. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

I have a question -

Did In Flames even RECORD a song called Cloud Connected? Because I have the video, but I can't find the song ANYWHERE!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Cloud Connected is track 5 on their latest album 'Reroute to Remain'...
    hopefully they'll put that video on rotation on scuzz too..i downloaded the video off kazaa for the moment... gud video.

Originally posted by Gonzo
    i downloaded the video off kazaa for the moment
    A word of advice, never mention downloading music or kazaa anywhere on boards.ie, the mods dont like it much at all (especially AW :p), just a warning.

I have the video aswell, pretty good video, brilliant camera work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

As far as I know, downloading videos is grand, as they're specifically for promo use. Different kettle of fish entirely from downloading an album, which is naughty, naughty.

Besides, most bands who have the webspace have all their promo videos up for download, like Dark Tranquillity, The Berzerker, Behemoth have a few up there also...

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by AngelWhore
    As far as I know, downloading videos is grand, as they're specifically for promo use. Different kettle of fish entirely from downloading an album, which is naughty, naughty.

Besides, most bands who have the webspace have all their promo videos up for download, like Dark Tranquillity, The Berzerker, Behemoth have a few up there also...
    Ah, so I'm ok then. :D

How about downloading an album of video's, is that grand? :D

(hmm, dark tranquility.... /me looks)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I think most of us have no other option but to download music videos from the heavier bands these days, the rock/metal stations on Sky Digital mostly play the same stuff like sum41, soad and foo fighters.... they play wots most popular, wot will cuase the most phone votes in order to make the most money, the sheer thought of MTV2 or kerrang playing videos from Opeth, Immortal or The Berzerker:) Of course if we still had the old MTV with Headbangers Ball they wud be played cause that show catered for true fans of all types of metal and the shows VJ Vennessa Warrick know her stuff. But perhaps just maybe Scuzz will air some videos of the heavier kind now that In Flames is being played and the video proves quite popular already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Y'see most bands DON'T make videos. We're too poor.
    I suppose that's also a good thing, but I still want to see bling death metal before I die.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭/|/)etal)-|ead

Umm... thanks for the info Gonzo, I saw that video last night - why is it the exact same as that Soilwork video?!? Am I missing something?!

p.s. I read on the Metallica website that in the US they're making a new Headbanger's Ball, and Metallica are in the first show! They'd better show it on crappy old mtv2 uk

The UK version of that show got me into metal lol, I still remember staying up "late" in case they'd show some gwar/voivod/nin videos heheh

Yer i noticed that too about Soilworks video.. I never heard of them till now but tis a gud song indeed!.... I went to In Flames record labels website 'Nuclear Blast' and found that Soilworks are indeed on the same label and I think are touring with In Flames atm in USA. Perhaps Scuzz has done a deal with Nuclear Blast to show any videos their artists bring out... wud be nice if they did coz there are alot of very gud bands there, Dimmiu Borgir and Immortal being at least 2 so fingers crossed that we'll see more heavy videos coming up.

I hope wot you say about Headbangers Ball turns out for the gud, thing is on MTV USA they do show great metal shows that do not get shown over here like 'Return of The Rock' for example. So if Headbangers Ball is resurected I would still doubt that MTV UK would even bother to show it on either MTV or MTV2, MTV here has really gone down the toilet here over past year, infact it all started as soon as we lost MTV Europe in 1997 and got the rubbish UK regionalised version. And yes Headbangers Ball that we knew and loved was a fantastic way of getting into new and exciting bands,, they showed every genre of metal, every video that was ever made and had extensive tour reports around Europe with full live performances. But lets hope that miracles happen and we get Headbangers back on our screens.

Advertisement