Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Thoughts on selling car

Options
  • 15-05-2003 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭

Hey folks,

Due to the expense loans/insurance etc.
    I'm *thinking* (hense not in For Sale forum) of selling my car and buying a POS to get around in.

Any thoughts on what I would get for it also how easy/quick it would be to sell it. Demand etc

Details:
    2001 Volkswagen Golf 1.4.
    -Silver metalic
    -5 door
    -Comfortline Pack (black velour interior)
    -Technical Pack (Multi- Computer + Volkswagen Alarm)
    -Volkswagen Single Cd player
    -Fog lights
    -6663 miles on it.

About €16,500 - €17,000 ?

Cheers For any thoughts.

S.

*Edit, might be usefull if i put the engine size now wouldn't it :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭turbo

Yeah that sounds like a good deal.

I think there is a great demand for 1.4 golfs and you should have no problem selling it!!

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

If you bring it to a VW garage they should be able to give you a ball-park figure of what it would be worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭shurl

Cheers folks.

Yeah I brought it to a garage, they were more concerned about a trade in, (even though I told them i wasn't trading it in)
    So they offered me about €15,000-15,500 fot it.
    Which will not cover loans.

Just have to bring meself to sell it, plus I have to find a POS first as I need to get to work.

Cheers
    S.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Originally posted by shurl
    Hey folks,

Due to the expense loans/insurance etc.
    I'm *thinking* (hense not in For Sale forum) of selling my car and buying a POS to get around in.

Any thoughts on what I would get for it also how easy/quick it would be to sell it. Demand etc

Details:
    2001 Volkswagen Golf 1.4.
    -Silver metalic
    -5 door
    -Comfortline Pack (black velour interior)
    -Technical Pack (Multi- Computer + Volkswagen Alarm)
    -Volkswagen Single Cd player
    -Fog lights
    -6663 miles on it.

About €16,500 - €17,000 ?

Cheers For any thoughts.

S.

*Edit, might be usefull if i put the engine size now wouldn't it :)

Funnily enought I had the exact same car/spec (except tech pack/fog lights and mine had 30K on clock). I traded it in and got €15K. I think you might be aiming a bit high on the privete sale as they are €21K new.

Hmm,
    I was thinking that as it has very low mileage I would at least get around 16 or so for it.

Gotta leave room for negotiations!. Just gotta get the right balance between decent price that will attract someone and high enough so you can negotiate. I s'pose.

Yeah I would prefer to sell it to a garage. Doubt they would like me looking for a POS in their lot to trade it in against though :)

S.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭tinofapples

"Doubt they would like me looking for a POS in their lot to trade it in against though "

They won't cause they'll want to make money of the car they're selling you and your car as well !!

It's all about making as much money as possible outta the deal or otherwise known as greed !!

Originally posted by tinofapples
    "Doubt they would like me looking for a POS in their lot to trade it in against though "

They won't cause they'll want to make money of the car they're selling you and your car as well !!

It's all about making as much money as possible outta the deal or otherwise known as greed !!

Yup, thats what I thought.

S.

Advertisement