Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Max Payne 2

Options
  • 15-05-2003 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭

A teaser site has just opened for Max Payne 2: The Fall Of Max Payne.

http://www.maxpayne2.com/

Anyone know anything more about it? If it suffers the delays of the first one, it'll be 2010 before we see it.

I loved the first game, so I'm dying to see what they do with this (and hopefully it'll be more than a weekend of gameplay!)

- Dave.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

how come the chick's got a bigger gun?

afaik it's not even due to be released for another 2 years...
    itt'l probabally turn up mid 2006 after slipping badly a couple of times.

ah well, there's plenty to keep me occupied in the meantime (half life 2 looks so sweet!)

ohhh, a new smileyww)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

She's probably capable of handling her equipment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

Originally posted by TmB
    A teaser site has just opened for Max Payne 2: The Fall Of Max Payne.

http://www.maxpayne2.com/

Anyone know anything more about it? If it suffers the delays of the first one, it'll be 2010 before we see it.

I loved the first game, so I'm dying to see what they do with this (and hopefully it'll be more than a weekend of gameplay!)

- Dave.

the only reason the first one was really late was cuz they couldnt develop bullet time at that stage and had to wait until technology could allow them. Wasn't there an early version for pc that lacked bullet time or am i just talking through my hole ?? im not sure and im going home now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Isn't this being developed by a different team to the original?

the teaser site only has the remedy logo, so unless they've swapped duties with 3drealms, i'd say nope.
    Wasn't there an early version for pc that lacked bullet time or am i just talking through my hole ?? im not sure and im going home now
    yeah, prolly an early alpha copy or something...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Señor Juárez

ne1 know when the film will be released? max payne movie that is.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It was meant to come out for ages about 4 years in developement. It didn't have bullet time until the matrix although the developers will dispute this. Basically the game wasn't any good until they put bullet time in and released a slightly less naff gimmicky and repetitive game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭Sand

They might as well call it bullettime 2 tbh - it was all the first one had going for it despite being typically hyped beyond all belief. Im waiting with baited breath for the second installment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Shred

I actually really enjoyed the first one, even if it was a bit short.

Although I didn't have a PC when it first went into development, so maybe I wouldn't have had the same level of expectation as some of you (having waited longer).

Looking forward to the 2nd one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

I loved the original, dispensing copious amounts of bullet casings in slow motion did it for me. Dual Ingrams anybody? :) Nice graphics, some witty dialogue & a good storyboard. Although, if I even so much as smell a return of the Valkyre crack levels, I'll be posting some Ricin over to Remedy.

On a side note, a Max Payne fan site stated that it's due for release this Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I loved the first game until I was half way through the 3rd level and realised I was repeating the same thing over and over again and the bullet time novelty had worn off. The rest of the game was a boring repetitive sham. I only beat it cos Prae was slagging me that I didn't finish it but I didn't want to. I'm more excited about Doom 3 than this ( if you were on boards for a while you will know how I feel about Doom 3) This is not a must have for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

i thought i was a fairly good game now(the original). The bullet time was deadly, but i also liked the storyline of it too. As Tmb said hopefully the next one will be more that a weekends game play.:ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

i enjoyed the first ont though i found the bullet time anoying it slowed doen the game play and it was only a novelty st first.

I hope the second one proves to be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

I would happily beat around the head whoever wrote the woeful pretentious muck that substituted for dialogue everytime the comic book sections came up. Bullet time and a gritty setting was all max payne had going for it. Thankfully the novelty of bullet time didn't wear off until towards the end, otherwise max payne would have been an average game.

Yeah the story was muck and maxs voice went through my head although the self reference about being in a game had me in stitches.

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    Yeah the story was muck and maxs voice went through my head although the self reference about being in a game had me in stitches.
    i loved that bit. "i was getting the strangest sense of deja vu"

Advertisement