Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband in glanmire cork

Options
  • 15-05-2003 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

Any one know if broadband is in glanmire, cork yet .I have rang iol and eircom and i have been told different thing by both groups any info would be great. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

As far as I know, you will probably be aged 90 by the time Eircom decides to upgrade your local exchange there Joe .... but there are wiser heads than mine around here who may know differently

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭joe90

thanks for the info.will have to keep on going to nethouse in cork.

thanks BigEjit.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭gombín

Eircom are due to have Glanmire upgraded by the end of the Summer.

Regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Originally posted by gombín
    Eircom are due to have Glanmire upgraded by the end of the Summer.

Regards.

There you go Joe90, how wrong can I get .... but er ... where did you find out about future exchange upgrades gombín?

THANKS GOMBIN :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭gombín

Inside information lads :-) The following are the exchanges eircom have planned to be upgraded in the coming months for our Rebel cousins:

Mahon
    Newmarket
    Carrigaline
    Hettyfield
    Glanmire
    Cobh
    Kinsale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

that means that the exchanges will surely be upgraded by September 2004 as per This Announcement that they made in January 2003.

Not a very demanding schedule that, they had already upgraded 50-60 by January 2003 so they committed themselves to another 90-100 upgrades in the space of 20 months or so.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭XDA

I'm in Glanmire as well, and rang their freefone number to ask, they told me July / August as well. Joe90, you should register your interest on eircoms web page, there's a link where you can vote for broadband for your area, can't do any harm to let them know your interested.

Regards

XDA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Chowley

Would that exchange be the one people on the dublin road part of Glanmire are part of or is it different.
    A friend of mine is interested in bb but he thinks it will b years before he gets it, might he be wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭XDA

Tell your mate to ring 1800 512128 on Monday morning and ask, generally they will tell you if your exchange is due for upgrade sometime soon.

There's an on-line chat facility on www.eircom.ie as well, where you can talk direct to their ADSL people, that's where I found out that my exchange is due for upgrade this summer.

Regards

XDA

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Chowley

thanks xda

Thanks for the info :)

Advertisement