Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interpol

Options
  • 15-05-2003 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

It was just announced on Phantom that Interpol are playing in the Village on August 26th. Has this been confirmed? Nothing on the web about it. It would be a great gig.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Damon_Kind

Great, great band.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

yes true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭spoiltbrat

Just when you think that you're too old to appreciate another classic album like you did 'Nevermind' or 'OK Computer', Interpol come up with an album with all the right ingredients - great tunes, great ideas, pure emotion and lastability.

Please let this be true about the gig.

They played in Spirit a while back and it was supposedly the best gig since time began - unless you were at 'At the Drive-In' in the TBMC which was also apparently worthy of legendary status - both of which I missed...... Tom Barman in Spirit a year ago.... Afghan Whigs in the Mean Fiddler a couple of years back..... any takers... I want to have been at a legendary gig... something to tell the grandchildren in a couple of years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

Aye, tickets are on sale Saturday.
    Did anyone see them at Spirit last October? Missed it, didn't I...

Sorry, net connection stalled there hence me mentioning the Spirit gig in the wrong order if ya will.

I've heard loads of people talking about that Afghan Whigs as well. Anyone know what Gred Dulli's up to these days?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭ilovehoovering

hurrah :) an indie / nme band not on in the ambassador! i'm sick to death of that hole. the village is nice and LOUD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Hurrah indeed!!!! You've made my evening, nay my life!!!:D :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Originally posted by spoiltbrat
    unless you were at 'At the Drive-In' in the TBMC which was also apparently worthy of legendary status

How true...

Absolute quality, and so were the supports, Murder City Devils and Clearshot. All three bands are no more, shame...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Anyone got a quick link to an Mp3 ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭starlet

i'm sure someone's already pointed this out, but Interpol in (at?)the Village has been confirmed on the MCD website. 20 eypos is pushing it, slightly though. (yes, i know i'm scabby) will still be worth it, i suppose....

http://www.mcd.ie/live/fullnews.php3?tname=1120484019&xname=interpol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Bloody flippin brilliant

Cant wait, happy days !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭spoiltbrat

Originally posted by jmc
    I've heard loads of people talking about that Afghan Whigs as well. Anyone know what Gred Dulli's up to these days?

After the Whigs split Greg went on to do an album with some of the dudes that collaborated with them over the 5 albums, and some new heads. Its called "Twilight" and the band is called the "The Twilight Singers".
    Brilliant album... kinda like "1965" crossed with some of the quieter moments from "Gentlemen". I got it in HMV a while back.. they probably still have a few copies.

Sounds great, always end up goin back to Gentlemen every couple of months. Cheers gonna try and pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

Sweet - thats made my day too! Their album is a favourite of mine right now. I picked it up a couple of months ago for E9.99 in Virgin and cant stop listening to it! Great band! See you all there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Saint-dotsie

black love is pretty cool to,ever heard that mp3 of honkys ladder or going to town,where he starts playing superstition and then goes into it.

Interpol such be good

did anyone make it to that manitoba gig in the village?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

excellent.. cant wait for this gig. must get tickets today...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭IanluvsKathleen

Yes....Yes....an evening with new yorks finest since cagney and lacy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭ThatBloke

Whats your signature about/from? looks interesting

Advertisement