Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Camera Trouble

• 15-05-2003 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

I bought a digital camera at christmas (Jenoptik) and have had no problems. Bought a new 64 MB Secure Digital Memory Card for it. It works fine in the camera but when I connect the camera into my Computer (XP) I cant open the camera and the properties say 0kb capacity. I could get a card reader but that is just more money. Any ideas what I can do to fix it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

so which camera is it exactly?

have you tried getting the latest updates for your camera?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 ImpactPlayer

It's the Jenoptik JD C 1.3 LCD. There are no updates available for it. I emailed Jenoptik 2 days ago and heard nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

you could always try reinstalling the software you got with the camera. reboot, see if it works then... sorry i can't help after that.

I tired that but same result. Thanks anyway!

Does anyone else have any ideas???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

Silly question: does your camera need to be on or off to be able to access it from the PC? It depends on the camera, from what I've seen...

Gadget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭arkles

there may be a specific usb driver contained on the setup cdrom
    did camera ever show up on pc ?
    it should show up as a drive letter ie: e/f
    see is the camera listed under control panel/system/device manager
    it may need to be setup to dcb( or something like that)
    did u try exif launcher as a viewer program ?

The camera usually shows up as drive F: without the new card in it. It shows up as F:\ with the card in it but F: is empty with 0kb capacity.
    It is also listed in control panel, what is dcb?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

Does the card need to be formatted somehow?

Gadget

yeah, i formatted using the camera's format feature. cant format it in windows when the camera is plugged in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement