Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

widescreen tv

Options
  • 15-05-2003 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭

i am thinking about buying a widescreen tv and i need some recomendations. i have some requirements:
    1. 28" +
    2. Totaly flat screen
    3. under €800

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭SteM

I know it's a deeply uncool place to buy from but you can pick up a Samsung Pure Flat 28" from ESB for €699.

The bonus getting it here is that you can get it on interest free credit paying the equivalent of €13.44 a week over 6 bills.

http://www.esb.ie/retailasp/esb_shops/product1.asp?cat=20&catdesc=TV%20%20%20Home%20Cinema&subcat=4&subcatdesc=TV&prodcode=6271188

I've seen 32" widescreens in and around this price but none of them were flat screen.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yea, the Samsung Plano looks the part and indeed seems to be a pretty good TV. I know the predecessor had pretty good sound too, considering its pricebracket.

It only has 2 Scart sockets though, one of which is RGB.

I'd also recommend the JVC InteriArt 28" flatscreen. I have the non flatscreen version (about 2 years old now) and it's a good TV. Plus it has 3 Scart sockets and very good menu system.

Of course, I would also have to recommend the Sony Wega and Panasonic TV also. Great sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

You might be interested that Aldi is offering a 28'' Widescreen for E 299 on Thursday next. Check out http://www.aldi-stores.co.uk/IE/ for more details.

Cheers

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Oh I don't like those TVs at all. They're made in Turkey and rebranded by whoever, like SLX, iDEAL, etc.

Very poor build quality, and I have seen a fair few fail. Though at €299 it's very well priced. Could be worth the risk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

i wouldn go for the aldil ones, i was thinking about the Sony Wega or the ones on the esb

• Advertisement
Advertisement