Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the xelibri's are coming... the xelibri's are coming!

• 15-05-2003 11:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭

ok wierd name... begun to see the ads on telly for the Siemen's Fashon Phones known as XELIBRI.

there are four models, all are GSM Dual-band - SMS/EMS - Polyphonic Tones

three are handset's and the other one you wear around the neck with a headphone (this one has no keypad so voice dial only) - they are just called XELIBRI 1, 2 3 and 4

not exactally sure who they are individually aimed at - but they are all small with very different styling

siemens_xelibri_1_devices.ie.jpg
    XELIBRI 1

siemens_xelibri_2_devices.ie.jpg
    XELIBRI 2

siemens_xelibri_3_devices.ie.jpg
    XELIBRI 3

siemens_xelibri_4_devices.ie.jpg
    XELIBRI 4

Would you buy / use one?

BrianG

Would you buy / use one? 17 votes

No: they are mad!
    0% 0 votes
    Yes: Xelibri 1
    70% 12 votes
    Yes: Xelibri 2
    5% 1 vote
    Yes: Xelibri 3
    17% 3 votes
    Yes: Xelibri 4
    5% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

''Xelibri 4 _is the Personal Communications Device (PCD) for the man who cares about his appearance. Don't put it in your pocket Show it off future man!''

I shudder to contemplate what Siemens have lined up for their female customers.:p These are all far too fun for me, but at a push I'd choose no. 4....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭Lawnkiller

4 teh Uber-733T - not me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

i wouldn't touch them. they're featureless and have a lifecycle of one year!

"The written word is dead". ooh, they're such trend-setters

"Send electronic messages!" but you just said the written word is dead a second ago

"‘conversation through air‘ technology". yes, there's something i wish i had on my mobile phone :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

They all look ****ing horrible.

Teeth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

...as the ads didn't actually tell you what the damn things were (way to go advertising agency) I was pleased that someone had figured it out...

...until I saw that these are Siemens phones. I hope this isn't the way they're planning to go with their future phones - for my sins, I happen to like most of their recent attempts up to this.

(Having said that, the idea of someone screaming "Home!" - or, better still maybe, "Work!" ;) - into his, erm, necklace(?) while walking down the road does paint an interesting mental picture - mental being the operative word, I think... :D)

Gadget

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭shurl

Yeah I'm with Carrotcake and Dr_Teeth.

Look nasty!

I prefer my 6610 :)

S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I voted no, to be honest they look like toys ... they may become popular with kids ..

Advertisement