Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unlocking Question

• 15-05-2003 11:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭

I recently upgraded my phone. I now have an old one (6510) that a friend of mine wants to buy. I'm on Voda and he is O2.

If he puts his SIM in my phone, will it work?

If my old phone needs to be unlocked, how do I go about it (legitimately)?

Thanks in advance,
    Dave.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

try it , if it doesnt work its sim locked ,

www.unlockingireland.com

this bloke unlocked a few phone for myself , hes legit and very good and fast

Smithers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 LeadMagnet

yeah you could do that, or if you DON'T want to spend money then email your IMEI code, the network the phone is locked to (cause i'm gonna forget and probably not bother to look at this thread again) and the model of the phone to me and i'll try to get back to you within a few days if i can.

1. IMEI (*#06#)
    2. Network
    3. Model
    4. leadmagnet@eircom.net

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

email sent leadmagnet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Any chance you could do my 6510 LeadMagnet?
    (Don't want to be hassling you with unsolicited email)

found a site that does it automatically.
    you'll need your IMEI, Network and Phone Model.

http://www.uniquephones.com/dct4/

• Advertisement

well by god that is handy. I was searching for ages for something like that site with no luck. I guess now i have 2 ways of unlocking dct4 phones. But MY way gives all 7 codes so there
    */me sticks his tongue out*:p

Well i supposed you may aswell just use that website. Gives a faster response than i do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

Why on earth does it not include the Nokia 3310? do you have to select the correct model to get the correct code?

the Nokia 3310 is not DCT4, only new generation nokias (7650 6310 etc) use DCT4, so now you can remotely unlock them. The 3310 needs a cable or whatever, but you cant just generate a code i think.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by Fungus
    Why on earth does it not include the Nokia 3310? do you have to select the correct model to get the correct code?

If you need your 'phone unlocked, let me know (PM). I have a Nokia unlocking kit.

you CAN generate a code for 3310s cause i got mine unlocked before by calling vodafone and asking them for the code (And then waiting for about a month to get it from them). So there is a way but i haven't been able to find a remote unlocking site on the net that doesn't cost anything.
    It uses DCT3 as opposed to DCT4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Ro-76

AFAIK, the only 2 ways to get an unlock code for a dct3 phone is either to contact the network who locked it, or use a cable unlocker. It's not currently possible to generate an unlock code from the imei, network code and model, as it is with dct4.

Ronan

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Contact " Smithers " . He has a full unlocking Kit ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

yeah i can unlock the 3310's . pm me if ya want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

i've a vodaphone 6610, and I tried that uniquephones website, i entered the codes and it said "cannot undo restrictions". I only got #1 and #7 codes, any idea what the problem is? It's not like I really need it unlocked, but it'd be handy and it's annoying me now.
    Greg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Great I was able to unlock my 3510 that was locked to vodafone after getting the code from http://www.uniquephones.com/dct4/

:D

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭ur mentor

so was i thanks :D

Advertisement