Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Link Down

Options
  • 15-05-2003 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I have recently got my line upgraded to adsl with via ,line was activated last week ,I got my user /pass from via today ,problem is that after setting up my connection I get link down and a red light on the wan interface ,I havn't recieved my line splitter or micro filter yet ,I just plugged the modem /router (sar 110)straight into the wall socket ,

Modem tells me I'm connected at 128/512 and Lan interface has a green light,

is the user name xxxxxxx@netsource.ie or just xxxxxxxx

TIA

Macker

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Your user name is ******@netsource.ie

Ryan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

splitter into socket..
    rj11 into splitter

thats the way it should be done

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Macker , click the little magnifying class next to the 'link down' in the PPP section.Now , look for the 'last error' heading , does it say Authentication?

I have the same router with the same problem , can't authenticate.

carb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭disco_rob_funk

For "Authentication" in modem config, use "Auto" or "CHAP", not PAP as stated in install kit. Sorted.

Originally posted by disco_rob_funk
    For "Authentication" in modem config, use "Auto" or "CHAP", not PAP as stated in install kit. Sorted.

It aint that rob , tis a Solwise specific problem it seems , but thanks away :)

carb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Macker

Macker , click the little magnifying class next to the 'link down' in the PPP section.Now , look for the 'last error' heading , does it say Authentication

Yep carbsy ,"Failed to auth" ,spent quite a while on to Netsource support today ,very helpful but baffled ,I also rang Solwise but no joy there either ,i saw a few posts on Solwise /sar110 /forum ,I assume a few of them are from here

Macker

Check out this thread I started over on the Solwise support forum for the latest state of play.

carb.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Macker

Changed modems and everything is working fine ,maybe time to return the sar 110

Macker

Advertisement