Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Poll: Greatest Match of All Time?

• 16-05-2003 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

There have been so many over the years but what is everyone's favourite match of all time??

Mine would have to be Bret Hart v HBK in the epic Iron man match. Even though at that particular time these two men literally hated each other (and still do) they were still able to put their differences behind them and put on one hell of a match.

But saying that I also really enjoyed the 10-man Tag match at Canadian Stampede 1997, aswell as Bret Hart v Steve Austin in their outstanding Wrestlemania encounter. Oh and also Austin v Rock at WM17. Well these are my choices, how about you??!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Matters

It was many moons ago, I think it could have been at a Wrestlemania. The match itself was between Mr America(who back then went by the name Hulk Hogan) and The Ultimate Warrior. The Warrior went on to win the match and in doing so I think he held the both belts.

Oooooooh how i used to love the warriors entrance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

The one that really sticks out in my mind due to pure tenseness was the match between Edge and Kurt Angle where the loser had to have his head shaved off.

It was just pure class and talent at work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭da_deadman

Undertaker vs. HBK (1st Hell in a Cell)
    Undertaker vs. Mankind (another Hell in a Cell, he threw him off the top of the cell!!!)
    HBK vs. HHH (Michaels comeback, not a great match but we were kept waiting for 4 years for HBK to come back)

But the top spot goes to Hogan versus the Ultimate Warrior at WM in 1990 to unify both belts. Great match. I read in a book that even the WWF staff were really excited about that match. Some of them didnt know who was going to win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Any Match involving Bret Hart................and Nowadays Kurt Angle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭steveocn300

There has been many a great match in my mind Hogan Vs Rock @ Wrestlemania was a classic as was Benoit/Angle earlier this year. HBK Vs Razor Ladder Match another unforgettable match, HBK Vs Bret Iron Match yet another, HHH Vs Cactus Jack Hell In A Cell was a classic!
    It is very hard to pick one when there has been so many that will go down as classics!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

wrestling does exist outside of the wwe bubble - and so do great matches

theres too many to pick abest of all time - so far this year styles v low ki at zero one u$a (05-01-03 i think) is my fav

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Spock

Hulk Hogan vs Andre the Giant.
    The best, he picked him up and slammed him.
    The Big Show is a sorry excuse for Andre

• Registered Users Posts: 17 northcider

I agree with cmb. there are many great matches outside of WWE it just so happens that alot of the greatest workers of all time, such as: Ric Flair, Ricky SteamBoat, Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Steve Austin and Chris Benoit, have all passed through the WWF/WWE doors at one time or another.

I could mention such matches such as Mitsuharu Misawa v Toshiaki Kawada but alot of people here probably wouldn't have seen these two great mat wrestlers astounding series of matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Belle Ende

Not for technical excellence, but for sheer excitement it has to be Hulk Hogan vs. The Ultimate Warrior at Wrestlemania 6!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

hhh Vs stone cold no way out a grate angle a better match
    benoit Vs angle royal rumble
    benoit Vs jerico royal rumble
    cactus jack Vs terry funk all of them especialy raw
    TLCs (where the chrises won was the best)
    hell in the cell 2

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Razor Ramon vs Shawn Michaels in the ladder match a few years back. And Foley vs the Undertaker, Hell in the Cell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Spock

92,000 people saw the Hogan v Andre match, still an indoor record for any event

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

macho man vs dibiase (final of the heavyweight title tournament)

think this was a mania, it was a great tournament in general, first time id ever seen someone wrestle 3 r 4 times in 1 night, & it was my favourite, the mancho man who won it in the end.
    also had the fun of andre & hogan scrapping outside the ring.

god the memories:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Yea It was wrestlmanis IV , excellent mania wish they would do the same again some time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

Originally posted by Belle Ende
    Not for technical excellence, but for sheer excitement it has to be Hulk Hogan vs. The Ultimate Warrior at Wrestlemania 6!

Bah wrestling these days is pants. However, tha match mentioned above was good. Although, no has mention the matches between Jake the Snake and The Macho Man when Jake got his snake to bite him. They were 2 matches to remember

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Macho Man VS Ricky The Dragon Steamboat at Wrestlemania III

Was my first experience of wrestling and was enough to get me hooked for a good part of my life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

misawa v kobashi triple crown 98 - now that was some match
    their triple crown match in june 99 looks like another classic but my tape runs out - looking forward to their ghc match from march - hopfully will get around to watching it in a week or two

ps - mania 3 attendace record was kayfabe - there was closer to 80,000 there in reality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭SCULLY

Got to agree with Spock - Hogan v Andre

Advertisement