Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Home Made Wireless Lan Kits

• 16-05-2003 12:16am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

These are just some resource sites on how to creat a wireless connection from stuff like tin cans and toilet brush holders.
    Honest, I'm not crazy!

www.kismet.net

Secuarityfocus.org

There are others, I'll find them and post them up later.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Shouldn't this really be in net/comms? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by eth0_
    Shouldn't this really be in net/comms? :P
    Aye. Or Wireless

(Wireless Technologies denote a subset of Information Technology that interests itself in portable and handheld computing and networking, primarily relying on non-fixed means of communication.)

Wireless it is then

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

The reason I posted it in IOFL was because one of the resources I was ment to add was a group from Hanover who petitioned for Cheaper/Free wireless access for students in the city, and got it.
    I'll get the URL later and add it in.
    Sorry for the confusion.....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Check out the Irishwan site..

You can get an MMDS dish with a gain of about 17dB for €30 and includes the N connector and it is fully waterproof - it rains here 4 days a week on average..

When you can beat the €30 dish you have a winner.

Advertisement