Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony HTBE1

Options
  • 16-05-2003 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭

Was up in the Sony Centre in Stephens Green last night and noticed that they have the Sony HTBE-1 for €379ish. ESB have it for €389 but Empire Direct in the UK have it for €211.

Has anyone got one of these? What's it like? We have a small sitting room in a flat and I'm looking for something with small satellites that won't have the neighbours banging on the door. Does anyone have another suggestion for a similar HC kit (with DTS processing preferably)?

Cheers,
    Stephen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

its plastic pooh, 105watts less than my discman, complete waste of money, the speakes cant even be wall mounted and they are not suitable 4 stands

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

actually if u care to look the speakers ARE wall mountable as well as ceiling mountable w/o the need for brackets. if u flip over the speaker ithas small slots for slotting onto the heads of screws so if u screw a srew in to the wall and leave it protruding about 1/2 inch u can slot the speaker onto it. ther are better systems around for a bit more money though, The DAV-S400 is 40w per channel and is an all-in-one that'll do SACD, so ur getting a decnt DVD player 2, they're going for €499 in the sony centre

• Registered Users Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭SteM

Thank folks, I went for the PHILIPS MX980 instead. Got it for €350 and am well chuffed. I've never had a surround sound system before, the DTS soundtrack from LOTR just sounds fantastic.

Advertisement