Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fairuza - A Great But Quiet Night

Options
  • 16-05-2003 10:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭

What a great night. I loved every act!! It was real class. Especially as I'm a big blotooth fan, Myles opening the night was surreal. Then talk about going from surreal to surreal but a Frank Sinatra guy came on stage after Myles and evrery break there-after! I had never heard of Tahg Cooke and now I can say I do!! and very proud to say I do!! Maaca boy was also a real suprise. Talk about strong voices. There was more talent in that room than I have ever seen in the Music Centre on any night.

Otranome and Fairuza were really good. But I really thought the candlelit vaudville atmosphere complimented the solo acoustic performances to such an extent I wish that everyone had of plugged out and gone au natural.

One thing though stood out above all else. The sad turn-out. Although I did see SINISTER PETE but whether he was in the bar chatting with Blo.myles all night, I'm not too sure. If people could only know what they missed!! Maybe it was the rain. Maybe it was the competition around town on the night. But whatever happenned, it was a real shame the place was'nt stuffed. I'm sure the effort that went into the surroundings, mixed with the raw talent of the night would have made for such superb chemistry had there been a few more people.

Well done Fairuza. I, and I'm sure anyone else there on last night, will be there at your next gig with 5 more friends each come hell or high water.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭tiggertigger

Yeah, well done to fairuza for organising a great night.
    Everything was cool right down to the rice krispie(s) buns.
    I'm a bit disappointed I didn't get to sing into the flamingos
    though. Ah well. And three cheers (or catcalls) for the fairuza
    girls. Well done indeed.
    I blame the huge amount of gigs in Dublin right now for the
    poor turnout. And the fact that everyone has a band.
    And the fact that no-one has any more money after Neil
    Young and Paul McCartney swung by...
    Although we could probably blame ticket prices on ticketb@st*rd.
    It may not be justified but it's fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭back to front

The Fairuza girls where indeed a nice touch. pardon the pun. I wish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Hi guys , I think Im beginnnig to sound like the preverbial broken record but last night was feckin great ...seriously I had an excellent and sober night !!
    Im so stoked that despite all the nastiness and negativity that goes on web boards here there and everywhere that it doesnt permiate to gig level if ya get me....the performers on the night were sound , the sound was sound !!
    All in I think the talent around the place is amazing, I've been at some awesome gigs over the last few weeks and have realised that there is a huge audience out there that actually do appreciate good music! Its up to us to make the best we can outta what we have and encourage more and more people to get out there......FAIRUZA are doing just that and Otranome will be at your next Dublin gig for sure!!!!!!!!Kudos to Sinister Pete for supporting the night !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Damon_Kind

Originally posted by Trev M
    Im so stoked

What the hell does that mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

trev if ya stay off the herb you'll make less typos:D :D
    just take of the 's'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Carroll

Guys,

What can I say. Thanks for you kind words, they mean alot.
    I'd like to thank all the acts for contributing towards a good night. Especially as, (with the exception of MacaBoy) I'd never seen any of them play. A particular thanks from myself to Otronome, who are a splendid bunch of guys that really know how to rock!! I hope we can do some more gigs with you in the future.

Thanks also to Sinister Pete, who also said some nice things to us on the night. Next time we get into Phantom, we'll try and all be there. :D

It's tough trying to break into any music scene, but with support like this, it makes it all worthwhile...

Thanks again,
    Carroll

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Richie

Thanks for the kind words Carroll - we'll have to do it again sometime! It really was a great night - 3 great acoustic acts, the wonderful Fairuza, and us........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

I had a grand time. The fact that the crowd was small should not be seen as a reflection on either the music or the general effort in promotion and presentation. The behind-the-scenes people did a wonderful job. I felt like a kid at a kiddie birthday party when I saw the balloons. Then when i was offered a rice krispie cake with a smartie on top I knoew I was actually seven years old and at one of my friends birthday parties. Fair play to those who did the leg work in making the experience cute and special.

And the music was just fantastic. Myles and Dara were really really great. Don't know about this Tadhg Cooke chap though. Looked a bit of the waster to me....

Congratulations all

Roxy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 saralee

It was a fantastic night. The crowd was ok i thought. Could have been bigger, but exams and the rain must have played a part. The reaction from the audience to Fairuza was fantastic too. I was amazed by them. The visuals behind them on the screen were so beautiful too.
    And the girls?
    -fantastic. Rice krispie buns rock!:D :D
    the promotion on the night was like nothing i've ever seen before. /totally a birthday party.
    I got my copy of the album and I'm loving it
    well done all the fairuza people
    -see u at the next one
    x
    x
    x
    :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 no name

I am so raging I missed that gig. IQ couldn't go because of my exams and now I am so sickened. I knew it would bedeadly but it souns even better than I ahd imagined. I am so there next time!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 penhelli

That gig was the best gig I have been at in ages...nothing to do with you at all Mr Delilah ;) ... I have neve seen so much effort put into a gig and when you think how much money record companies have to do cool things it's amazing that they never put on nights like this...well done fairuza and crew...i am so sorry that there wasn't more people there to see it...it was a really special night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 no name

I agree
    Up the Fairuza!
    See u all at the Tower gig
    :D

Advertisement