Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

resizing loaded movies in Flash

Options
  • 16-05-2003 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭

im loading three .swf files into individual blank movies on a tiemline two are fine but i need to resize the third one on loading so that it doesnt overlap the other 2. how can i do this. is it possible?

I've tried flashkit tutorials etc but cant seem to find exactly whatim looking for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

Resize the 3rd movie to the size you want before loading it or else make it a movieclip which can be resized on the fly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭PAPILLION

yeah thanks i got it sorted, now im having trouble geting each individual flash file to pick up variables from its relavent text file.. any ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

If you're loading the movies into different levels (0,1,2) then make sure that each Load Variables action is set to the same level as the relevant movie. Otherwise all the vars will be loaded into Lvl 0 (the main movie).

If that's not the prob, try using the full URL of the files you're loading from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭PAPILLION

im not loading it into levels im targeting an exisiting movie to replace. which is probably why im having problems.

ill just hard code the text for now.

Advertisement