Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Angel

• 16-05-2003 3:42pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Who thinks this programme is pure class? Every episode leaves you wanting more. You can tell that Whedon is concentrating on Angel now and Buffy is starting to get crap. Hope there are many more series's.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Yes big Fan,i just think Angel is more realistic (if vampires existed i know :) ) with regards the fighting scenes after all he's round 6 feet and well bulit while buffy is 5 foot blonde girl killing these seven foot demons.

My 2 c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Joss whedon isnt involved with angel i thought ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

David Greenwalt is taking over a bit more though. He's still involved though. They say he's more involved in Angel than Buffy, but that could just be BS.

TBH I don't agree Buffy is getting "crap". I think some of the scenes with Andrew are the funniest I've seen in a while (like the ep yesterday with Faith fighting Vulcans, that had me in stitches).
    Doesn't always have the same edge it used to, but it's still great TV viewing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

I just hate all the corny talk in Buffy. Too many 'speeches' by Buffy etc etc. Agreed that Andrew adds a nice bit of humour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Is Andrew the camp green karoke demon dude, if so, he is class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

TBH I don't agree Buffy is getting "crap". I think some of the scenes with Andrew are the funniest I've seen in a while

So no, he's in Buffy, not Angel, SprostonGreen :p

He's the nerdy blond guy that joined the group after a) Willow killed one of his "buddies" (who was a bad guy anyways) and b) he stabbed his friend Jonathan, which then set about letting The First out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭SCULLY

Angel has been far superior to Buffy for a good while now (though Buffy is still a 'must see' prog) - Character development is far stronger (especially Wesley, from weedy watcher to rogue demon slayer to gun toting bad-ass!). My only gripe is that they tend to strech out some of the story-lines a tad (Darla & baby, and Cordelia & er, baby).

Oh Yeah, for the love of all that is holy, will somebody shoot, stake or decapitate that moany,sulky idiot Connor/Stephen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭commuterised

not to mention that Angel is extremely pleasing on the eye especially when he gets his shiprt ripped off by vampires... oooooooooh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

The one thing that really gets me is how Cordie has become such an important character. From a cheesy popular c0w in Buffy, to a master-demon in Angel, apart from all the Cordie attention, its quite good...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Last nights ep was very funny... they are all besotted with this hellspawn and think she is a God and everyone in LA is worshipping her now.... very funny but i found it a little tedious... i was expecting some impossibly powerful creature to be born.. maybey powerful creature to be born..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

they are all besotted with this hellspawn and think she is a God

Casting was bad in this case actually, if it had to be a person (rather than monster of some description) why didn't they go out and get someone with a bit more presence, you know, a sexy woman with mad red hair and weird colour eyes, I think her apprearance should have reflected her character, this woman is pretty middle of the road, as is her acting.
    ...But I have to say, Buffy is alright, but Angel is a definite must see, definitley more gritty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭Fence

Originally posted by bug
    Casting was bad in this case actually, <snip>
    ...But I have to say, Buffy is alright, but Angel is a definite must see, definitley more gritty.

Well maybe Joss just likes certain actors, and seeing as her show (Firefly) got cancelled he wnted to stick her in some where. Caleb on Buffy is also from Firefly.

Trivia point (stolen from SFX): Among the names suggested for Jasmine was Helen, her character from Cleopatra 2525.

Cya
    Fence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭MrGump

First, someone mentioned realism - I dont think anyone should consider one more real then the other
    Some may say that the Darkness of Angel is more real but seriously people dark doesn't mean real!:eek:
    And talk about character changes. Wesley - Bookish librarian to Rogue Demon hunter, Cordelia - Rich, daddys girl (the type u cringe at when they pass u by in UCD) -Higher Being who "cares" thank god Angel is still his old self!

Secondly, I think both shows are getting worse as the weeks go by. Buffy brought in too many new characters (and im not even referring to the future slayers) . Also, remember the days of stand-alone episode? Oh how I miss them. Now all we get is some obvious plot twists, leaving people waiting for more - Its sensationalism of the worst kind!

That said, I will no doubt continue to watch both, with a certain amount of self-loathing :D
    Also, expect a Buffy/Angel crossover soon.

Positive Comment: Im glad Faith is back

Originally posted by daveirl
    Just finished watching the last ever episode of Buffy and the last in the series of Angel and both are fantastic.

Is it a crossover? have heard it might be, but then heard it wsn't going to be. I don't want any other details, trying to avoid spoilers but would love to know.

Email me off the board if u don't want to risk other people giving in to the temptation of finding out.

Ta
    Fence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Originally posted by MrGump
    Also, remember the days of stand-alone episode? Oh how I miss them. Now all we get is some obvious plot twists, leaving people waiting for more - Its sensationalism of the worst kind!

Please tell me that was sarcasm. Are you telling me that you'd prefer a reset button ala Star Trek rather than the often involving storylines that are on buffy/angel and Alias?

They're the only shows of their sort available now, and there was a large drought of them when Babylon5 finished. Reset buttons are the embodiment of all that is wrong with TV at the moment IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Shilo

It has to be said that Angel kicks ass! Buffy has just turned into the most amazingly whingy little bitch - she used to be a reasonably appealing character (and I say that as someone who loved the show with a passion) but now she's not really likeable any more. I found that kind of disappointing - I blame it all on Dawn. Everything went down hill once she arrived. Sesaon 7 was pretty good but this sesaon, which I was waiting for with baited breath, has just left me sitting there going 'Meh!'

Angel on the other hand was going really well - until Jasmine...I'm so with Bug on that one. She's got all the charisma of a lettuce leaf. And Fred and Conor? They have to go!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by daveirl
    It was a quasi-crossover. Angel was in it until 15 minutes in.

Ta, now I'm all smiley :D

Can't wait... but then again I don't want buffy to end. Oh the dilema

Cya
    Fence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭MrGump

Originally posted by Kevok
    Please tell me that was sarcasm. Are you telling me that you'd prefer a reset button ala Star Trek rather than the often involving storylines that are on buffy/angel and Alias?

They're the only shows of their sort available now, and there was a large drought of them when Babylon5 finished. Reset buttons are the embodiment of all that is wrong with TV at the moment IMO.

Ok, perhaps I should clarify. I do enjoy continuity within a show, for example in buffy season one the story of the master ran from start to finish. Which was great, but instead of being completely related to him, he was slowly introduced, with other story lines in each episode. Now everything is interrelated, A leads to B leads to C. Also the end of each episode is in itself a mini cliff hanger almost like a soap opera, these are the things I find irritating about the show.

Babylon 5 had a similar technique, yes the shadow war was the main topic but still there were divergences.

As for Alias I dont know, never watched it.

Summary: I enjoy continuity within the stand-alone thus the avid fan knows what is going in the broad sense as does the average Joe in the narrow.

So what'd you think of last night's ep then?
    thought the bullet thing was very clever of Fred
    but apart from that it was very run of the mill. Ever notice that Angel seems to hit its peak 4 or 5 episodes before the end of the season? Course I could be wrong and maybe there will be a great ending, we have what 3 episodes left?

Did enjoy
    Conor's response to Jasmine telling him she ate those people "Cool". And why wasn't he cured like everyne else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭SCULLY

I was a bit dissapointed with last night's episode - it dragged on a bit and didn't come to life until the last quarter. And where are the stand alone episodes that made both Buffy and Angel excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Buffy was better than Angel last night i thought!! I dont like the whole Jasmine thing but it was better than last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Originally posted by SCULLY
    Angel has been far superior to Buffy for a good while now (though Buffy is still a 'must see' prog) - Character development is far stronger (especially Wesley, from weedy watcher to rogue demon slayer to gun toting bad-ass!).

Its the reason i love the show. Wes is the best character in the show. His arc from the middle of season three up until now has been so compelling to watch. Great show. I hope they dont stretch it out to the same number of seasons as Buffy though. You can see the strains showing on Buffy big time and i hope that doesnt happen to Angel.

I hope they dont stretch it out to the same number of seasons as Buffy though. You can see the strains showing on Buffy big time and i hope that doesnt happen to Angel

Well if it does it'll mean that Angel will have been around for 10 years (if I got my sums right of course)

But I would love to see Angel get to 7 season's, if only to see what else they do to LA

Cya

Advertisement