Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Widescreen for around 1000 euro

Options
  • 16-05-2003 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

Here's the deal !
    I'm looking to buy a Widescreen Tv, but I only have around a grand to spend. I wondered if any of you guys could point me in the right direction or give advice on a particular model. This is what I know I should be looking for

32"
    100htz
    and....

well thats about all I know. someone has told me that Sony Trinitron is a good make someone else has told me the panasonic is good too. Help!!!

Corm500

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yeah, you can't go wrong with either a Sony Wega or Panasonic.

Using ESB Shopelectric as a reference,

Panasonic 32" Flat Tau with cabinet = €1,299

Sony 32" Wega FX series = €1,599

Both sets mentioned have flat screens and 100Hz.

There is a Philips 32" flat for €769. Fair bit cheaper, though not in the same class as either Tau or Wega tvs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Originally posted by corm500
    Hi Guys

Here's the deal !
    I'm looking to buy a Widescreen Tv, but I only have around a grand to spend. I wondered if any of you guys could point me in the right direction or give advice on a particular model. This is what I know I should be looking for

32"
    100htz
    and....

well thats about all I know. someone has told me that Sony Trinitron is a good make someone else has told me the panasonic is good too. Help!!!

Corm500

The Sony Centre in Cork has a 32" 100Hz widescreen in their window for €1250. They have the KV28FX66 (28" Sexy TV) for €1000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭DaithiSurfer

You could get a wide screen projector for that.
    Check out komplett.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

the sony kv32ls60 100hz, cabinet, vitual dolby all the usuals €1250 well worth it, the kv28fx66 is nice if you dont mind the 28" bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

Thanks Guys

I looked at the consumersearch.com site. It seemed to say that the Sony Trinitron range were amongst the best out there. Parasite that Toshiba looks really nice. I wonder if it is available in 32" ?

Corm500

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Save up for a little while longer and get yourself a Loewe Aventos 32" . IMO any Loewe set is vastly superior than any Sony or otherwise set. Not just image quality, but upgradability, build quality, the whole nine yards.

They have been a little pricey in the past, but the new Aventos 32" Flatscreen should sell here for around €1400 - €1500. Only problem is Loewe dealers are few and far between in the south. Lyric Hi-Fi and HM Blackrock are both gone now, so it might be tricky to find.

Advertisement