Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netsmart connection and ping probs

Options
  • 16-05-2003 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭

Im on netsmart 120 at the mo and have intermittent connection probs since i got the thing in, but now only in the last 3 weeks has it become a very real issue, its gotten so bad that i have to connect at peak times just to browse

From about 6 o clock in the evening to 10 o clock I can browse the internet but get disconnected regularly, online gaming was fine 3 weekd ago now i cant go into anyserver without lagging out, its a nightmare

im staring at the modem at the moment and have all 6 lights on, but th network activity is zilch

sometimes when im browsing the connection goes dead altogether and i have only 3 lights on and then i get disconnected

Has anyone got these probs on netsmart or not

Regards
    SHIN

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Besides the no webpages - everything else ok saga of a few months back, I've had no problems with netsmart at all. I have gotten disconnected (literally) only a couple of times since I signed up last year.
    I'd say the problem's on you side.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

You're not alone.

It was the pits today at about 12, took half an hour to get a connection.

Not as bad mid-week, but weekends are a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

took a look at my modem log today just to see if theirs any probs, and there was

it said

remote modem hung up

Modem interpretated response as no carrier

Regards
    Shin

Sent this off by e-mail to esatfusion so ill see what they say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

my connection has been grand since the 'saga' a few months back.

constantly connect at 45.2k to 46.6k, ping in game to radox from 140-180, though i havent played in about two weeks.

No disconnecting though, which is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

thats exactly the pings i was getting conz 2 weeks ago, now im getting pings on the ingame browser in the 1000's on bf1942

id love to know whats going on

shin

• Advertisement
Advertisement