Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell with No Display

• 16-05-2003 9:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭

Ok I have a friend that has a problem with his Dell PC its a Deminsion,The pc powers up fine all power to floppy,both hdd, and cd rom drive. The problem is that there is no video coming out. At the moment theres a Nvidai 32mb AGP card in the system, I have replaced this with a known working AGP card no joy, I have alos resated the CPU,memory, and removed all the other PCI cards from the pc, I have used a known working PCI vga card in all slots and still the same, this pc is out of warrinity so I dunno what to tell me to do, I believe its either a dodgy motherboard, but as I have no spare board to test this I dunno where to go.... Is there anything else I can try?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

did u try a different monitor? maybe the monitor cable to the display card aint working, just a thot :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭tech

wops forget to mention that the monitor is working fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

looks like the mobo is fuxored or something on it perhaps, did it get a blast of electricity or some kinda or short perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭tech

No it got no blast of power as it is connected to a surge proctor, I got it to power up last nite using all it orignal cards in it... While it was powered up I flashed the BIOS and ran a Full Diag on it for 12 hours everythings tested ok, Maybe after reseating all the cards the 2nd time it may be sorted this is a weird Imtermient problem ......

Advertisement