Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

punk rock show petition

Options
  • 16-05-2003 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Yeah I know it probably won't make a difference but if you like your music fast, loud and stupid add your name to this thread. Why do I feel ignored already.....................

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

umm a few details on what it is your looking for wouldn't go a miss ;)

Dregin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

join me up, i'm sick of all this indie crap on Phantom. I wanna be happy and energetic, not sad!

Some suggestions:

The Ramones
    Sex Pistols
    The Decendants
    Lagwagon
    Stiff Little Fingers
    Dead Kennedys
    Rancid
    The Misfits
    Any band from Fat Wreck Chords
    Or Epitaph, Hellcat etc.

Lars Frederickson and the Bastards
    Dropkick Murphys
    Flogging Molly

Or some ska punk -

Less Than Jake
    Catch 22
    The MIghty Mighty Bosstones
    Reel Big Fish (meh)
    Voodoo Glow Skuls
    Madness too if you want :p

You know the jist, loud fast and ........'rousing'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

In the doghouse(with micko I think) plays a decent amount of punk in his show even if it isnt a dedecated punk show.
    But Ill sign petition anyway

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I'm not a big fan of punk, but definitely a punk show would be a deadly idea.

Like, if there was a programme like Ray McGowan's Metal show but with Punk??

Yep, I can see a market.

( and its my job specifically to foresee there NOT being a market for things.)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Yes I heartily endorse this product and or service!

w00t! G'Wan teh Punkeh!

• Advertisement

ph jesus no..... keep 'teh l33t' out of these boards please!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Sorry. I get the point now :)

Punk show is cool idea. Sittin up half the night for the lock up on BBC radio 1 takes it's toll. Plus there are alot of punk/hardcore bands doin the rounds in Ireland now adays who wouldn't say no to a little exposure.

Like...like.....Striknien DC??

They played our local parochial hall in 1995 or so.

They were deadly. Just for the expressions on peoples faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

There is a good load of punk bands in dublin playing, usually the temple, such as coldwar, dagna, the steampig, runnin' riot, severed head of state and MDC(million dead cops), and then the misfits next Friday so maybe a punk show would be good..... i be in......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Hello there,

Maybe my logic is flawed here, but wouldn't it be a better idea to actually contact Phantom and put your programme idea to the relevant people BEFORE you start a petitition on it?

Just a suggestion :)

Regards,

Pete Reed
    Phantom FM

• Advertisement

Whoops, reprimanded again....!!!

I think what Hobo might have been trying to do was find out if there was any demand for it first, and (please, nobody yell at me) not everyone knows The Way Things Are Done.

but now, We Do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Fair enough,

I think it was just the whole "petition" bit. Usually used when youve asked somebody for something and theyve said sod off. So, just to clarify, no we have had no proposal for a punk show and yep, by all means stick your interest here and in the type of punk show ye would like to hear.

Consider yourself un-reprimanded Silverfish!

Regards,

Pete Reed
    Phantom FM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

poor pete...we're giving him heartattacks today :) sorry!

i'll also show interest in this punk show. just to head california uber alles

actually sinister pete has bee known to play stuff like this from time to time

Un-reprimanded??? I have cred to keep up here!!! I demand to be re-reprimanded!!!

And I demand that 'California Uber Alles' be played every hour, on the hour!!

*awaits further reprimand*

I just posted cos I thought an hour of punk, or 120 minutes of punk, would keep things interesting and varied.

Not that they aren't, but it would be extra to the mix.

CALIFORNIA - UBER ALLES!
    CALIFORNIA UUUUUBER ALLES!!!
    CALIFORNIA.........

It just doesn't have the same effect in pink does it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Shorty

Originally posted by tony 2 tone
    There is a good load of punk bands in dublin playing, usually the temple, such as coldwar, dagna, the steampig, runnin' riot, severed head of state and MDC(million dead cops), and then the misfits next Friday so maybe a punk show would be good..... i be in......

Yeah, that MDC gig on wednesday was great. Missed xKnifedx and Bastard Youth, but caught the steam pig. I saw some flyers for Transmission at it. How did it go tony 2 tone?

Advertisement