Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Battery is Dead

• 16-05-2003 10:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭

My uncle laptop's battery is gone dead one month outside of its warranty. He only has the thing for a year and Dell gave him the run around, he doesnt use it that much for it to wear out. I'm not sure if he have 1-3 collect+return with them or what, I'll have to look into that. Anyone any ideas of what could be done?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I'd say he's up the creek. Mine was a month outside warranty when the battery went - they sent me a new one as I'd bought four of them at once and never called them with any problems (plus I had to promise to add on a few years warranty - I defaulted on that when they took a month to send it back to me)

There are a few reputable sites in the US that sell compatible batteries for Dells much cheaper. Don't have any links right now though - do a search with the model number and you'll find a few.

Advertisement