Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damien Dempsey gig last night

Options
  • 16-05-2003 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭

Anyone go? what did ya reckon? I was supposed to go, but thought i'd get tickets the day before only to find out they'd sold out, might be seeing him in kilkenny in a couple of weeks though

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭palmic

it was amaseing,damo had sinead o connors band playing with him,it was stuffed to the gills,the funnyest moment had to be sinead o connor singing behind the big black curtains,i know sinead retired but she sang to well it was a pity she felt she had to be not seen ,maybe she didint want to be taken away the limelight from damo ,anyway top gig all round..mick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭ThatBloke

Awwww really wish i'd been there, that song she does with him "it's all good" is amazing, actually from the same place as Damien so when he sings about places in the likes of factories, i know where and who he's talking about, its kinda freaky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

You mean like when he sings about Holywell Rd and stuff. Yeah it's a bit scary innit! The first time I heard him sings those lryics live I was there thinking.....wha.. did he just... am I... and so on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Saint-dotsie

Twas a good gig,but i really hate the venue,i was alright for mogwai but i got there late and i had to stand beside the door in order to see the stage and there was always some bastard walking past me,there were a few dodgy songs especially the one about the celtic tiger,the second one sinead o connor sand on,the very last encore,the first song and factories were pretty damn good

Originally posted by roxy
    You mean like when he sings about Holywell Rd and stuff. Yeah it's a bit scary innit! The first time I heard him sings those lryics live I was there thinking.....wha.. did he just... am I... and so on.

yeah!! you from Donaghmede aswell?? yeah, the bits about the hay fields, the cellar bar, . Its weird, i know the kind of people he's singing about, getting involved in bottle fights, frustration all that sort of stuff, gonna have to buy his new album, think it came out on friday didn't it?

Thanks god for Damien Dempsey because before him Donaghmedes' greatest musical products were Boyzone and B*Witched, hardly representative of me, or i would assume most others from around here:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Originally posted by ThatBloke

Thanks god for Damien Dempsey because before him Donaghmedes' greatest musical products were Boyzone and B*Witched, hardly representative of me, or i would assume most others from around here:rolleyes:

Eh you might want to check out Lir, The Nude, #King Sativa.......

they all from donaghmede? the only other bands i know from donaghmede are vinyl and listo

heard of lir and king sativa, are they any use or just better than B*Witched?:D

Originally posted by ThatBloke

heard of lir and king sativa, are they any use or just better than B*Witched?:D

:(
    I'm afraid to say any more. This is all just an elaborate ploy.....yes an elaborate ploy. :confused:

Ok you've blown my cover. I am in fact a member of the "Justlikemeda" religious movement, in fact i am leader of the militant wing. Our primary goal is to eradicate all heretics who claim there has been better music produced than that of our most serene leaders B*Witched. Your ambivalence has been noted.

Seriously though, are Lir and King Sativa any good?

BTW: dont actually "know" Listo or Vinyl, just "know of" so any guilt by association is patent pend. until i actually hear their music and declare an opinion

Hmmmm exam stress does strange things to my thought patterns:rolleyes:

Yes they are good and you should know that!!! Go listen to them. Lir are defunct now of course. They've kinda splintered into BigWig and Colm Quearny who obviously plays solo and also plays guitar with Mundy.

Answer me this - is Steve Carr from Ardara Avenue. Yes, I appreciate this is a strange question with me being a girl and having no real interest in football but a while ago we were sitting watching him on the telly and someone said I think he's from Ardar Ave. We can't be certain. I don't think he plays music though!

• Advertisement

Yeah he is, lives 4th house from the end before ya turn up towards the donahies, used to play football for the same club as his brother. His dad still does the rounds cleaning windows. Nice family. Very nice sisters:D

There's an unusually high proportion of "famous" people from our area ever notice that?

Heard a bit of Colm Quearney on Phantom, pretty good

I've a list as long as my arm of music i intend to get, thank god for Kazaa or i'd be up to my neck in debt

Advertisement