Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

evil probs with bf1942

Options
  • 16-05-2003 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

argh. whenever i play, i start up a map, eg berlin with bots about 15 secs into the game, the computer just freezes. i have to shut down manually and then reboot. i have the latest catalyst drivers and the latest nforce drivers i could find....any ideas?
    spec is:
    asus a7n8x deluxe (nforce drivers 2.03)
    amd athlon xp 2600+
    sapphire radeon atlantis 9700 pro 128mb (catalyst drivers 3.4)
    768mb ram
    80 gig hdd.
    plus version 1.31 of bf

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Impurity

sapphire radeon atlantis 9700 pro 128mb (catalyst drivers 3.4)

im not sure for definte, really you shouldn't have a problem with the nice specs like that, but i had a radeon card before, it was only a 32Mb one but it played hardly any of the games i had at the time and all them games ran fine with a 32MB Ge-force1!!!

i even wrote off to some of the tech divison of some games at the time and they said that their games were not designed to run with radeon at all!!!!!! even though it might have said on the back of the game box that it only required a graphics card of 16MB!!!! and i had a 32MB one!!!

not saying that that is the case here but it sounds awfully familiar to me ;-)

Advertisement