Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSP questions. quake-network-audio, lpbs get on the mic, g'get on the mic.

Options
  • 15-06-1998 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

Right, where are all those postgrade DSP types? I need details of how to do a sample-rate conversion from 11kHz to 8kHz. I thnk what I'm looking for is a Polyphase/multi-rate filter, with interpolation/upsampling with zeros to 88kHz, 3.5 or 3.75 kHz cutoff, and then decimation/downsampling to 8kHz. Can someone tell me parameters for the FIR filter and/or tell me how to work them out, and point me in the direction of c source code examples. Thansk, its quake-related.

LPBs, how many of you guys have mics and full-duplex audio, on windows? I'm hacking together a quake-net-audio thing based on an existing program. Could be useful for Hibs, help communication and coordination. First target is one to one, then one to many. This could provide a situation where "squad-leaders" can give orders to their team and report status to other groups. Many-to-many configuration needs significantly more work. I want to try this out during the week, hopefully as soon as possible.

Bitrate could be as low as 2400 (with a real cool tech/military audio quality), p200 is probably minimum requirement to be able to play quake and have audio.

FlavorFlav

(ps. another possible config, is that a spec would report about the situation, but that probably termed cheating?)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

: Right, where are all those postgrade DSP types? I need details of how to do a sample-rate conversion from 11kHz to 8kHz. I thnk what I'm looking for is a Polyphase/multi-rate filter, with interpolation/upsampling with zeros to 88kHz, 3.5 or 3.75 kHz cutoff, and then decimation/downsampling to 8kHz. Can someone tell me parameters for the FIR filter

it's like photothenenthethith dude

Advertisement