Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beatles White?

Options
  • 17-05-2003 12:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭

I'm interested in getting 'White' by the Beatles on CD but I don't want to buy it because it comes in a double-sized CD case. Don't ask me what I have against those double sized boxes but for some reason they just bug me.

Anyway, I think they had a 30th anniverary edition of it that was normal sized but that (unfortunately) came in a cardboard sleeve and I wasn't too impressed with that either.

So I was wondering if there had ever been a normal sized cd case version of White made that I could still pick up somewhere?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

There are only 3 packaging variations for 'The White Album'
    The first is the regular double-CD jewelcase, the other is the slim 2CD card case which came out in 1998 for the 30th anniversary - I have it and the card case is ok (if you're worried about damaging the case you could always make a backup of the CD and listen to that).
    Capitol (the Beatles US label and distributor for Apple) often released double CDs in single jewelcases and I recall seeing the White Album in 2 single CD cases in stores in a couple of US cities.
    The only version that I know you can purchase now is the 30th anniversary edition. Though if you bought the boxset (black box of CDs) that costs a couple hundred euro you'll get the double jewelcase version. There's not too many of those knocking around but if you check with HMV you should be able to get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

The White album is only a nick name. It's not actually called 'White' it's called 'the Beatles'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Originally posted by Monkey
    The White album is only a nick name. It's not actually called 'White' it's called 'the Beatles'
    Yeah, I know. That's why I put white in commas (')

Thanks for the info shabby.

Advertisement