Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

if you moved house would you have to pay installation again?

Options
  • 17-05-2003 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭

like the subject says, if you moved house would you have to pay installation again? the installation stuff would work but the line would have to be activated. anyone got info on this or know how the bb companines treat this situation.

also, does anyone know the avg. connection speed on bb?
    i get 45.2 on my 56k modem, so im guessing on the same line bb would be about 450. is this correct?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭deadduck

sorry, i meant to say that was in reference to a 512/128 connection

• Registered Users Posts: 15,417 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I moved flat a few weeks ago, had i-stream in the old place.

Had to get a new line installed, and to get reconnected through BB , yes i can say with 100% certainty you are basically starting from scratch as regards pricing.

One good thing tho, eircom didnt charge me for the remainder of the i-stream contract, in fact they refunded me for the month or so paid in advance.

Would have gone with eircom again tbh, but there are better priced options out there, so wont being going with them agai for that reason alone, the service was great, had zero downtime at all.

As regards dialup :bb speed relationship, there is none. If you sign up for an adsl 512/128 service, you connect at that, every time, for a RADSL service this may not be the case.

HTH

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭rrolfe

I asked esat about this and its the 90 eur again to conect another line if you move. seams kind of harsh as they probbly wont give you a second modem and i am guessing the work involves someone turing the line on and probblys takes five minuets.

i think they will probbly re think this in the future because punters arnt going to like being stung the full price again if they move.

Ric

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

alot of the wireless companys will leave you move your kit to a new location for no charge [i know chorus will]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

I asked esat about this and its the 90 eur again to conect another line if you move. seams kind of harsh as they probbly wont give you a second modem and i am guessing the work involves someone turing the line on and probblys takes five minuets.

esat assured me that a business i have setup on dsl, if they stay at there current location for 6 months..

setup and connection free will be free in the new premises..

they will be reconnected to the same exchange in the town center..
    so maybe thats the reason

esatbt 90 euro a month no cap package this is btw

• Advertisement
Advertisement