Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audio Visual Furniture

Options
  • 17-05-2003 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭

Looks like im moving from my apartment, so i would like to get a decent bit of furniture for a (hopefully to be bought soon) 32" Widescreen Tellie, DVD Player, AMP, Video, Gamecube, NTL Decoder and a Center Speaker. Anyone have any recommendations? Would like something that can hide all wires particulary.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

pic038.jpg

room2.jpg

Got it in a furniture shop here in Bray. Cost about €200-250 and Has 'Dome' Printed on the front (Brand Name??) If it suits I'll dig up more info if you want.

[Edit] Oh, Just saw you mentioned a 32in telly, so I guess you want something lower and wider and stronger!!:D [/Edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Nice setup you got there, but it wouldnt suit me as i would need room for the tellie and i dunno if you could pop a tellie on that. Looking at a few options in Argos, its hard to tell the quality from a picture tho'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Did you spray paint your PS2 silver?

Yeah and the Gamecube and 14in telly too!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Hey Calibos, is that the 333 or the 555.

I have a 333 and when I give it a DTS input it decodes it a DD. Have you come accross this? I thought I had changed everything I needed to.

MrP

• Advertisement

MrPudding,

Its actually a Sony 1080. It sounds like you may not have DTS output enabled in your Dvd player menu. If this isn't enabled in the menu then even if you select the DTS soundtrack in the dvd disc menu the dvd player will default to outputting the Dolby Digital soundtrack.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I have set the dvd to output DTS. Do I need to disable DD?

Do you mean you already had it set to output DTS or do you mean you've just done it after reading my post and are now asking if you have to do anything else like disable DD??

If its the latter, then no you don't have to disable DD. TBH I don't know why dvd players have the option to enable/disable DTS in the first place. They should all have both DTS and DD on all the time.

Then just stick in your Dvd with a DTS soundtrack and select the DTS soundtrack in the DVD disc menu. 99.99% of discs that have a DTS soundtrack also have a DD soundtrack on them whereas the opposite isn't always the case. Thus the player nearly always defaults to DD unless told otherwise and 9 times out of ten you have to manually select the DTS soundtrack in the disc menu.

NB. The amp display will still say DD while you are still in the disc menu until you play the film because the disc menu music/sounds are always recorded in Dolby Digital.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

did u say u sprayed the ps2 r just bought the coulour version?

Sprayed the PS2 (took it apart first), the Gamecube (couldn't take it apart because it had special screws so I just masked off all ports, vents, disc drive etc) and painted the visible front half of my old sony portable tv (just masked the screen).

• Advertisement
Advertisement