Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bilderberg group really exists - now more public? (BBC link)

Options
  • 17-05-2003 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3031717.stm

Any conspiracy fan will know of the Bilderberg group, however most of the stories on the net are exactly that - stories. Allegedly this and that, etc., . They are right up there with the Illuminati and the NWO.

This is the first time *I* have read of that phrase the "Bilderberg" group actually being used in mainstream media. Last year I suspected that the meeting (http://www.rte.ie/news/2002/0607/clinton.html) was a Bilderberg meeting in Dublin. That RTE link isn't great but I am too lazy to find a good one. Basically same thing - world leaders of politics and business.

But the term is never used in mainstream media. It's all just conspiracy theory :). They can't take our conspiracies from us, can they? At the meeting in France (of all places) it says David Rockefeller is attending as is Kissinger apparently.

What's next - Ashcroft saying he is a neoconservative? It's madness! Conspiracies have to be secret - you can't just come out and SAY that it's actually TRUE!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

It was announced on RTE the last time the meetng took place and the group arrived in Dublin. Greenspan is usually aregular attendee. On the occaison in Dublin, the press were allowed in for the opening proceedings and then turfed out! Possible because of the heightened interest in the group and possibly to legitimise their proceedings with the media. There is a good piece on the bilderberg group in the book "them, adventures with extremists" by Jon Ronson., great book

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by daveirl
    This is for real. I heard some whacko on Channel 4 on about this 2 or 3 years ago but just wrote him off as a complete nut but maybe there is a bit of truth in it.

Dave, Jon Ronson is NOT a complete nut, he just sounds like he could be! As mentioned above, he looks into the whole Bilderburg world in his book Them... and the TV series Secret Rulers of the World
    which you obviously saw some of. I'll always remember the moment Dennis Healy (a member) looks like he's about to deck Ronson for asking an impertinent question.

http://www.jonronson.com

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Jake303

At last!
    :D
    Iv been telling my friends about this group ever since I saw the documentary on C4 but could never remember the name "Bilderberg"
    I thought the documentary maker was quiet normal and proved beyond doubt the group existed!
    The guy he was following around who was tracking the group was the nutter, plus the whole Jewish/Nazi thing into the mix gave groups like Searchlight an excuse to brand him a racist (which he probably was) and so discredit his investigations into the work of the Bilderberg group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The good news is that Ronson's making a new series called -
    "They really are out to get you!" :D Well that'll be the inference anyway!

Mike.

• Advertisement
Advertisement