Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has IOL comenced Installations Yet ?

Options
  • 17-05-2003 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭

Taken from FAQ on iol page.

"When will Esat BT launch this service?
    Orders can be placed now. Installations will commence from the middle of May "

Has anyone had any serious contact with IOl besides the e-mail saying "they will get back to you " ?

just wondering , cause if I am going to go for it , I need to write that letter to utv , cancelling my sub.,sometime this comming week.

John.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

All i got was the e-mail, they havent contacted me since I sent the e-mail back.

So no i dont think they have, probably wont give me the thing as there using eircoms dslams to roll this out

Sigh
    Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭deathcube ^_^

I rang up esat and asked for an adsl install,
    They said they'd send me a contract asap, but they havent gone into print yet, though i was told to expect the forms to arrive on wednesday the 21st.
    and then to allow 13 working days for installation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

when they actually say that theyll be in contact with you soon, what they actually mean is for you to contact them lol

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

got the same wensday thing from them for the contract

but they sent me a email and letter telling me to check my line with them (which i did and passed) and the iol site says that iol broadband is now launched just the installing to do

i persoanly cant wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭LumoColor

Deathcube
    I rang up esat and asked for an adsl install,
    They said they'd send me a contract asap, but they havent gone into print yet, though i was told to expect the forms to arrive on wednesday the 21st.
    and then to allow 13 working days for installation.

I got the same on Saturday (17th May).

Also they havent decided what DSL modem they gonna use yet. so /me suspects delays much longer than expected.

Lets be realistiv and look at it like this: order forms arrive there on 23rd/ take 1 week to ship out/ 1 day to return/ 14 days to process & pass on orders to Eircom. Eircom then muck about for a few weeks or so. Give or take a week or so for excuses and a bit of :blameitoneircom: / :blameiton<insernamethere>:

I mean if it was just down to the contracts anyone heard of putting it in a PDF on the website?

Your looking at 4-6 weeks from now (remember you read it here 1st!).

Too many variables for it to happen quickly. Im considering scrapping the EsatBT/ IOL route and going NetSource.

55 yo'yo's / month uncapped

After all 5gb is nothing when you get into it; my m8 in the UK just got DSL/ he did 5gb in first week. Gaming/ D/loading and swapping etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭deadduck

netsource is €66 inc. VAT per month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 BlackFlag

Originally posted by deadduck
    netsource is €66 inc. VAT per month
    €66.50 a month to be precise :P

and it has being delayed again....my friend going up the wall....I pay €109 a month but have 608/320k and am pinging 20 on games servers late at night....aaahhh bliss :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭LumoColor

Originally posted by BlackFlag
    €66.50 a month to be precise :P

and it has being delayed again....my friend going up the wall....I pay €109 a month but have 608/320k and am pinging 20 on games servers late at night....aaahhh bliss :D

Are you using Netsource?

And which servers do you use jolt / gamesnet?

20 ping is 1337. Only person I know who has 20 ping is in Neiderlands to a server 4 hops from his connectionz :)

Id kill for 20 ping; suxing at 250+ on 56k at mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Originally posted by LumoColor
    Are you using Netsource?

The pings on Netsource so far have been woeful to say the least.€ircon even pinging lower! :rolleyes:

carb.

Advertisement