Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hi

• 17-05-2003 9:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭

What do youguys use to edit bf1942, heard you need 3d max to do it, hope not would like to make some simple maps for the game

Any hints woulb be appreciated

Shin

Comments

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

BattleField!?
    I know one or two people who had a gist of mapping for that game - Will talk to them soon and hopefully get them to post here or will find out myself.

Theres at least one program anyway, but this topic was posted before and no one really wanted to map for it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

There was a topic before. Theres no set proram everyone uses really. Like you said you can use 3d studio. I think there is 1 good one though. I think Kdja posted something a while ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Do a search of this forum for 'battlefield 1942 map editor'

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Hey,
    After taking a look around this is seems to be the most important tool around...Maybe it's importance is debatable. I'm not sure if this is the one Kdjac is talkin about but get it here anyway:

http://www.bf1942files.com/file.info?ID=11871#Download

[url]Http://www.bf1942files.com[/url] is pretty great in general for mapping tools.

Kdjac reffered to a page on a forum which in turn linked to this one:

http://www.modtheater.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=51584#post51584

It's a tutorial on Battlefield mapping that starts from scratch (although the tutorial itself hasn't been finished. Yet..)

And last but not least. Perfectionist's page is pretty good for tutorials.

http://dynamic5.gamespy.com/%7Eperfectionist/PSite/perfectextra/html/Tutorial_RubberBoat.html

I've been fishing around for tutorials and tools that people recommend for BF mapping on the net and the folder I have for them is nearly 30 MB so there is plenty of stuff around to choose from.

Dregin

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

I seem to recall SyxPac posting a thread with rakes of links and info for BF Mapping tools and was wondering if anyone here would actually use it...

If you see him on IRC, give him a shout or simply PM him here on Boards...
    Im quite certain it was SyxPac... I believe he's a big fan :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement