Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weight problem (lack of it)

• 17-05-2003 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

I'm 18, 5ft6 and ridiculously skinny..Joined a gym for a while 2 years ago and was 6%body fat so the guy there who tested me told me that i was never to go under that amount as it was unhealthy. However, i eat loads and twice as much as some of my chunkier friends, and can never ever put on weight at all.

I'm pretty active and probably have a fairly fast metabolism (if that's what you call it). Play plenty of sport and always came out as the fittest in my class in secondary school when we did fitness tests/bleep tests/stretch tests etc.

I started using weights a while back and everything is goin good. However, i still don't seem to put on weight and think i may be losing weight the more i work out. Is this possible? Does anyone know a safe way to increase body mass? I mean i don't want to get huge and pumped, just want to be healthy and the correct weight.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Check the stuck thread on "I can't gain weight" on this board.

Read through that and if you have other questions after that, then ask again.

You are young enough, and many folk for various reasons will notice big changes in their bodyweight from 18 to 25. Take a longer term view to this problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭pookster

i was the same as yourself for years. about 8 1/2 stone from 18 to 23. Then 9 stone until I was 26. Went to the gym about 3 days a week lifting fairly heavy weights.

This year I gave up the cardio and football for 3 months except 10 mins warm up before wieights, took protein shakes and ate like a horse and put on 1/2 stone of muscle.

Now I play sports as normal about 5 hrs a week and the weight is staying on. I'm still doing the weights and protein drinks and eating a normal amount.

Advertisement