Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Soya Vs Whey Protein?

• 18-05-2003 12:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

Is there any major difference?

(I amlooking to increase protein intake to match my activity levels, not to 'bulk up' etc)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

I have no experience of Soya and have always relied on whey protein.

As a one sided view, I find whey protein to be probably the most cost efficient and valuable supplement I take.

JAK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭pookster

I've only used the Milk based one from Tony Quinn which was crap, although it seems to work for one of the lads in the house, and I'm currently on the Whey one for the last 3 months.

I've gone up from 9st to 9st 6, which I could never manage before. Maybe its old age creeping up on me as I'm 26

Whatever one you use, be prepared for the smelly farts!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Benbaz

Originally posted by pookster
    Whatever one you use, be prepared for the smelly farts!!!

Thank God!!!! I thought it was just me!!!
    And it's sooooooo not a good combination if I've been on the Guinness too!!!! PHWARRRFFFFF....................... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Soy Vs. Whey - You've Been Tricked!

We'll take a close look at whey protein and how it compares to other proteins -- soy protein in particular. We'll look at how in many ways it is not the superior protein that the bodybuilding magazines would lead you to believe.....

Now that we know that soy is a quality protein source, what health benefits can soy protein bring to its consumer? The intake of soyfoods has long been associated with a reduced risk for certain cancers.....

Source: http://www.sover.net/~timw/soyvswhy.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement