Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First person shooters

Options
  • 18-05-2003 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭

Hi Lads.

do any of you know of a good F/P/shooter game that three or four people can play on a lan, we are playing halflife at the moment but are getting tired of it,
    some game that the maps arnt to big.

Cranoo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Serious Sam 2 co-op is good.

Could try Counter strike or quake3 aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

System Shock 2 in co-op is pretty damned good and hard to beat.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CS is a bit naff on a small lan. Doom co-op is great especially if you get the Doom legacy mod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Unreal Tournament
    UT03
    Sven Co-op for HL

there has been a few threads about games for Lans a while ago.
    A quick search of the games forum will show you :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Is Sven co-op a single player co-op of halflife or do you have to download specific maps?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭cranoo

Thanks lads.

I will download the Half-life mod and give it a go .

cranoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    Is Sven co-op a single player co-op of halflife or do you have to download specific maps?
    it's an 80 mb download iirc, there are loads of modified maps contained in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

No One Lives Forever 2!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

Aliens Versus Predator 2 Co-op!

Have to get Sven co-op then. Didn't know that AvsP2 was co-op. Thats something else to play on Praes mini lan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Serious Sam 1&2 were also good fun in co-op mode. Quake 2 was too easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

whats "sven" ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

'Sven Co-op' is a mod for HL that allows coop play in the singleplayer levels I think. There isn't a game called "Sven" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Carnate

heh heh:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Any of the Rogue Spear games are good.. if sometimes extremely annoying for the tactical aspects of the game during co-op play, and having to retry and retry missions till you get them just right...

I'm stuck on raven shield atm.. and I'm really enjoying it.

Then again, I've found the games can be quite slow while youre playing.. So if you want something fast paced and full of action this is not it..

Advertisement