Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duke Nukem Takes Forever

Options
  • 18-05-2003 5:33pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know if this joke/piss take and ultimate in vapourware get shown at E3.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

the name has become bitterly ironic alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

The real question is does anyone really want it anymore? I doubt after all this time theres anything truely amazing to play and I'd say the game is well dated by now. How can they still even be making it anymore when instead of spending time on that the last game they released was a 2d side scrolling platform game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

don't have time to post, got to get back to playing daikatana.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

The Daikatana demo refused to install on my machine. I was thankful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I dont see how they can ever release this game now. Its taken so long that no matter how good it may be it will never live up to the expectation.

Also consider that HL2 is 2-3 months away from release, they would have to be on smak to release DNF this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

It will be great if* it's ever released. 3D Realms are trying to make the best game ever, that's why they keep delaying it.

They should have just released the Quake 2 powered Duke Nukem Forever. Damn Unreal and its irresistible graphics!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Nope, it didn't show ANYWHERE at E3, even behind closed doors. Very very lame. Scott Miller told the mag I was working on two god damned years ago that he was aiming to bring DNF out within six months of HL2, because he didn't think Valve's game was a threat.

Either DNF is the most incredible piece of software ever written, or Scott Miller was lying. Through his FACE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

i'm still excited about it, sure enough i'd buy half life 2 long before duke........but that doesn't mean it wont be worth the wait, most games that are held up this long dont live up to expectations anyway, except giants, which rocked

and yes, daikatana does smell of poo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I don't think the fact that it'll look dated matters. As long as they get the atmosphere and the level design up to the standard of the original it could have alot more to offer than most of the FPSes recently.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

" it could have alot more to offer than most of the FPSes recently"

Wouldn't be too hard especially with the dire SOF2 and Raven games that are the best of a woeful bunch on PC at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

the title of this thread was ripped right out of pcgamer magazine!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just ask Praetorian. I've been using this joke for the last 2 and a half years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

anyone could have come up with that joke tbh

But we will never know. Well do you really think that the fallen angels of PC Gamer could come up with that type of quality joke (I'm great ain't I!). I don't think so especially with the quality of their writing being about the level of schoolboy fanboyism. Or 50cents.

Advertisement