Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dvd in other regions?

• 18-05-2003 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

i want to buy a set of dvd's however i'll have to buy them from amazon.com. if i do, will i be able to play them in this pc's dvd drive and the dvd player under my tv? is that possible or wil i need some region exchangery thingy?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Depends if ur pc dvd player and tv dvd player is region free or not. Otherwise u'll need a firmware upgrade or a code(usually for ur tv dvd player) to unlock the regions so its free to play discs from any region. Check ur manuals for more details or visit here for more info, hope it helps

U can also get a program called DVD Genie, that uses ur software like PowerDVD or WinDVD and can also be used to reset ur player if its region set after 4 changes

Advertisement