Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name five good irish bands without scratching your head?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

any truth in the rumour that the crocketts are back together under a different name? and if so, what is it?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Saint-dotsie

What about all them post grunge canadian bands??

Ok ill admit that its not as bad as it could be,and thanks to this thread i feel a bit more positive about irish musics history,however im just a tad frustrated that there is nothing that really grabs me at the moment,maybe something will pop along and bite me in the balls,maybe the new relish albumn??

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭buzzerbuckley

A House

Whipping boy
    my bloody valentine
    the frames
    microsisney
    the fat lady sings
    engine alley
    the devlins
    babelfish
    last post
    guernica
    sack
    pony club
    prayer boat
    npb
    blades
    fountainhead
    cactus world news
    that petrol emotion
    melaton

and "solo " stars if you include them...........

nina hynes
    gemma hayes
    nick kelly

dave kittt

dave couse

the list goes on..........and I havent scratched my head..........get your head out of your arse.........

Thanks BUZZER no need to be so IGNORANT,with your phrasing for your information my i have heard nearly every (with the exception of npb,fountainhead and that petrol emotion) band/singer on your list and the majority are average,theres a couple who are good (but not great),and there are some really dodgy ones,

my point was and still is there is nothing at the moment that grabs me..in spite of all yer efforts i can still only name three that actually grab me.
    Melaton and they are pretty good, i liked the demo/single. what happened to their albumn??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Shane Smith

Can't believe nobody's mentioned Aidan Walsh & The Eagles Have Landed....
    "The Community Games Song"
    Class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

jeaney

i was away on holiday and i feckin bumped into him

worse still he known me, coz ive had to deal with him when i was doing his box office a few times. prick.

and i bumped into him in dunnes a few weeks ago. doin a shop. he he

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Boyzone,
    Westlife,
    Bellfire,
    Six,
    U2

In order of best to worst, or is that worst to best - such a tough choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Damon_Kind

Originally posted by p.pete
    Bellfire

Oi! Be very careful. One of them boys from Polar is seeing one of them young ladies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Originally posted by Damon_Kind
    Oi! Be very careful. One of them boys from Polar is seeing one of them young ladies.
    They made my list based purely on talent, all favours received during the judging were disregarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭buzzerbuckley

the aul I have heard most of them and there average lark.bit generalistic ain it?

who cares if you dont like any of the bands around?maybe you dont like any bands from scotland either?

I suspect you are indeed a tosser...........:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

gotta say dotsie, that it aint really fair to say theres no good irish bands around just because you dont like any of the bands around.
    you need to learn to be able to distinguish between talent and just whatever "grabs" you. they arent always going to be the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 psychotic joe

Her goes! wilt, turn, thin lizzie, bell x 1, morning beloved.

Yes! i knew i could do it. :)

GEEEESSES when did i ever proclaim my opinion to be the word of the lord? i was just stating that i dont think that there is much out there at the moment.

as for talent,i can play my instrument well because i practice it a lot,would you consider that talent because i can play reasonably well?
    I honestly havent heard one really good tune or anything unique (which is what i believe talent to be).Dont get me wrong most of these bands are good at what they are doing, but its nothing new,nothing unique, and nothing special.A lot of them are quite forgetable.

Buzzer yes indeed i am a tosser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Gerrymac

Brando
    Brilliant trees
    Sultans of ping F.C
    The Pale
    Mundy
    A house
    Blink(without the numbers)
    Turn
    Pugwash
    Frank and Walters
    The Frames
    David Kitt
    Wilt
    doris:D
    Clann Zu
    Greenbacks
    Paddy Casey
    An emotional fish
    The Devlins
    mary janes
    NPB
    The Keds
    Label
    Bell x 1

That's off the top of my head
    Some better than others, but all good.
    I could go to any gig from these and have a ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Damon_Kind

Originally posted by Gerrymac
    The Keds

'Ladeez...and gentlemen of the jury, for one night only'...

I'd forgotten about them. They played Witnness didn't they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭sodiumlightbaby

Advertisement