Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 sms service number free txts

• 18-05-2003 9:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭

Ok this works as it is now but i don't know for how long.

Change the last digit (0) to a 6 for the sms gateway/service number.

Should be able to send free txts then but you might end up being charged at a later stage by o2. Amn't sure but worth the try. Thought i would share it with ye

./Webmonkey

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

not working for me , is it for prepay or bill?
    i tried it on prepay and got charged

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

thats wierd i am'nt getting charged. Try sending to 086 number? its prepaid by the way

Service centre: +353868002006

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Argh, not this crap again. o2 *will* notice and you *will* be charged. That's if this even works.

yeah i tried mate , is urs 0868002000?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Yep i'm almost 100% sure they will charge 2. But o well thought id let ye know anywayz. Dont blame me if ur credit goes -100 euro :p

• Advertisement

i was travelling oz last yeah and we had the same in Sydney , a message center number for free sms , was good for contacting home and when u were bored send the same "any news" message to your whole phone book , saved us all a fortune over there!!

Advertisement