Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Random Flirting

• 19-05-2003 12:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I had this experience just last week, but it's been bugging me ever since.
    To make a long story short, a girl who i would, at first glance, generally consider to be way out of my league, started flirting with me. This happened in a restaurrant where she was working. It was quiet at the time, with just the two of us there.
    What I want to know is this:

Would this girl have started flirting with me just beacuse she was bored at work?
    Or did i miss a good opportunity?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

maybe and maybe. We aren't to know of these things even if we were mind readers.

I suggest you go back another time and find out. Maybe go along at a busier time perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

go back there again and see what happens, if you never try you will never know what could happen, if there is no ring there she is there for the take :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

She might have been just looking for a tip and you were the only one available on a quiet day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

Originally posted by Unreg1stered
    To make a long story short, a girl who i would, at first glance, generally consider to be way out of my league, started flirting with me

Anytime you see a really fine lookin woman she is usually with what looks like a muppet of a boyfriend........maybe she was lookin for a muppet!*............

seriously though, if you can go back even if its only to find out wheither she's intrested in you or not it'll be worth it.........you'd never know what might happen......

*only kidding

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

some people flirt for shíts and giggles and not because they want to sleep with you.
    if she was way out of oyur league, then i think the chances are, that she has no interest in you and that you are just a bit of fun in work.

why dont you try randomly flirting with people?

by the way, what do you think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

hwo the hell are we suposed to know, i mean really ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭McGinty

Why do you think your out of her league, she may think your fanciable.

Most likely she flirted because she liked the look of you, but just to be sure I would go back and see if she flirts with you again, if she does, then she is hoping you will take the hint and ask her out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Originally posted by Unreg1stered
    way out of my league

That's a great positive attitude to have, you'll go far with that...

Read through the sarcasm and understand my point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭rachel

when i was working in a shop, flirting with customers was a way to pass time and we didn't even earn tips...

Was she a waitress by any chance & was there no service charge included?

Originally posted by rachel
    Was she a waitress by any chance & was there no service charge included?
    /me randomly flirts with Rachel ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭rachel

Originally posted by Victor
    /me randomly flirts with Rachel ;)

*flicks hair, flutters eyelashes, giggles & wonders at powers of coordination* ;)

did it just get hotter in here?

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

*removes pants* ;) ROAR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

"Turning into" would imply taht it never happened before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Good point Mercie, we wouldn't want all these heathenistic off-topic posts to be slammed to the bin, else how would you recruit for Pear Tree House?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

Originally posted by Tusky
    hwo the hell are we suposed to know, i mean really ....

like he said.

<insert tell the truth picture here>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Did we not have a debate in the past about waitresses flirting with punters and what their true intentions were last year at some point? Mr. Unreggie, please go back through the archives and dig it out because I am too lazy to go and find it for you. It will answer a lot of your questions.

K-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 718 ✭✭✭hells angels

WWM do you ever stop talkin shiit i mean come on just cause your a lonely old fart that cant get a decent women dont mean the same applies to the rest of the world.....

Unreg1stered...i have recently had the same sort of situation and she was damn hot, there is a pub i used to go to and she used to flirt with me when i'd be there(she worked in this pub by the way). then one night i was out in hte nightclub that i go to religious every wkend..and she turned up(for the first time ever) and came over and KISSED me first then had a wee chat and soon enough we where together.....so take my advice and just ask or you aint never goin no....seriously.
    ASK HER OK...it's how i got the woman and your not goin get her if you dont even try!!! it's no good askin your friend to ask her if your over 15yr's old ok....*my two cents*

Originally posted by hells angels
    WWM do you ever stop talkin shiit i mean come on just cause your a lonely old fart that cant get a decent women dont mean the same applies to the rest of the world.....
    Actually, as best I know he has a fine woman. :p
    Originally posted by Kell
    Did we not have a debate in the past about waitresses flirting with punters and what their true intentions were last year at some point?
    At least you know where you are with professionals ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

leagues... LEAGUES?!? Hah! Nobody is out of anyones league. Leagues are an excuse for people with no self-confidence to dismiss some people as potential partners. Either that or its the mental condition that some people have that makes them think nobody is worthy of their company.

If we were going on leagues I'd have to say that my girlfriend is waaaaaaaaaay out of my league. But hey, shes my girlfriend so leagues obviously don't apply. That and shes not some pretentious princess that thinks nobody is good enough for her.

Leagues! I laugh at the notion! "ha ha" <- see :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Just for a luagh I am going to bring thisd back on topic. I had this happen to me at the weekend, but had the added advantage of having a female friend confirm whether or not the waitress was in fact flirting.

So, Mr Unreggie poster, go grab yourself and female friend, haul her along to said cafe and see if yer wan flirts with you again. If she does, haul her into the jaxx and give her a good seeing too, if not, I dont have to go on do I?

K-

Advertisement