Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calling all AH64 fliers

Options
  • 19-05-2003 3:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

Alright,

It's the usual desert combat scene, thing's aren't going good for the poor allies/coalition. Who/what do you call in ?

Well its that fine piece of machinery the AH64 - courtesy of the 101st airborne (real life) (VEGA/Mr Garvey - Desert combat)

Enough ranting anyway,
    Anyone out there want to talk about flying those lovely choppers in DC?
    I'd like to hear a few tactics from anyone who shares the same sad passions such as :

1: Dropping out of the sky and landing on poor unfortunate's heads with the AH 64

2: Landing nearby and switching to position 2 to give em some pepper in that nice way with the underbelly cannon.

3: Well thats where anyone else wants to come in and rant...

Tactics appreciated, thanks

"He joined the Special Forces,and his ideas, methods, became : unsound":ninja:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,372 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Actually, the Americans found landing on peoples heads a very unsatisfactory method, especially when they shot back. But they did like the nice squelching sound ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Senor_Fudge

Landing on bots heads with that AH64 is fun,
    Landing on players heads with that AH64 is a future camping deterant.

It's a good one for sure, to boost the old fighting morale in a LAN land on a campers head or if you're in the A - Team mood do a bit of a fly by in front of a tank (provided theres no .50 gunner or things could get shot down)

Ya know of any good AH64 reference material? I want to perfect my art with real world reference. Don't get me wrong real war is bad but in Desert Combat they have perfected it so that I percieve it as fun. Am I truly insane or just de-sensitised by this totally politically incorrect game which happens to be brilliant ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 78,372 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Just do a google, but word from Iraq was to stand off and hit them from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Fly really low so the propellors are skimming the group, the blades dont hurt infantry, but it looks mega cool and when they reach the hull, splat :D

ALso practice flying in a tight circle to cap flags while in mid air, since you have a side gunner if you point him inside the circle he can cover any silly iraqi's who decide to spawn there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

skim along the ground at a steady speed bearing in on channels where the enemy is expected to come through.
    pepper it with rockets and machinegun fire, launch a hellfire or 2 at any tanks you spot.

Regarding infantry, I prefer hopping into a plane or a jet(DC) and cutting them to pieces with the wings as I fly low over hills etc.

A vietnam mod would rock, get some A4s with rocket packs :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

What i want to know is how you fly the damn choppers in the first place, i can get em on the air alright, but i either spin around and around off the map or tip the tail up and crash

Although i can stay up longer with the new patch, do people use joysticks with em or mouse/keyborard combo

Regards
    Shin

Mouse and keyboard for me.

Just get used o the chopper being very slow to respond, so if your tilted to far to the right, dont hold left until your straight again, let go half way and it will line up about right, just practice abit on LAN and you should get used to it easy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

yeah, be gentle with the stick, carress her and nudge the bitch in the direction you want. Don't just slam her sideways and expect her not to go nuts.

Slow and easy wins the race.

Originally posted by SyxPak
    yeah, be gentle with the stick, carress her and nudge the bitch in the direction you want. Don't just slam her sideways and expect her not to go nuts.

Yeah what i was doing was using the choppers like a plane, banking it this way and that, most times i ended up sideways she flips then crashes.

Ive practiced a bit and im getting there lol

Shin

Originally posted by SyxPak

It sounds like you grant your joystick sexual favours after a good game :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by Pugsley
    It sounds like you grant your joystick sexual favours after a good game :rolleyes:

Dont we all?

Tactics for the AH-64 is simple. You blow stuff up before the troops go in, then provide covering fire for them once there in. Very simple and easy... though in DC people just fly around all the time killing anyone they see...

I was flying fine in custom game without being online, i think me problem is lag when im on the servers, im over compensating and flying all over the place and crashing

Regards

Shin

Think about how a helicopter works in real life.
    Watch a few films or the old news for a few ideas.

Rambo 3 (Hind), Apocalypse now (just to get an idea), Hamburger Hill, hell even Airwolf on beautiful RTE on Saturdays i think (sad but true) Full metal Jacket (haha ^_^ "anyone who runs is a VC")

Anyone know of any films with the apache AH-64 in it?

I use the keyboard and mouse for cutting them down

Half-life = No-life
    Battlefield = even less of a life

Airwolf on beautiful RTE on Saturdays i think (sad but true)

Half-life = No-life
    Battlefield = even less of a life [/B]

And pres tell whats wrong with airwolf, hawk, santini and that red headed babe i can never remember the name of

Class show and no mistake

Shin

:p:p

Tis all a bit de-sensitised really

They simply don't smile enough while doing it

"get some, get some" - the guy in the chopper in Full metal jacket

[politically correct statement]
    war is bad

[opinion]
    war in computer games is fun because its not real ^_^

Advertisement