Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal fans booing

• 19-05-2003 11:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭

Now i didn't see the entire match, I was in and out studying, but more than once i heard the arsenal fans booing when southhampton played on with an injured player.

Given they only disposed of Sheff Utd by playing on with an opposition player down was this not hypocritical?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Nothing about Arsenals players or supporters should surprise you anymore.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by Sposs
    Nothing about Arsenals players or supporters should surprise you anymore.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

The reason why some of the arsenal supporters where booing is because earlier in the game the Southampton supporters booed Pires when he kept the ball in play when one of the Southampton players was injured. It was obvious that Pires didn't see the player as when Henry put the ball out after receiving a pass from Pires, he apoligised to ALL sections of the crowd by holding his hand up to the different sections of the ground.

The Arsenal fans were booing because the Southampton players continued on with an attack when one of their own players was injured - looked like they were happy to stop play when Arsenal had the ball but not when they had it.

Hyzepher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Arsenal fans were also booing when ashley cole failed to keep a clearance shot in play which allowed So'ton's medical team on to treat an injured player. So'ton didnt give the ball back and the Arsenal fans started booing for quite a while.
    Imo Arsenal didnt play it out so shouldnt have gotten it back.

The final was played in fairly good spirits (at least amongsy the players) imo.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by some Manure fans
    pot, kettle etc

yawn

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by kaids
    pot, kettle etc

yawn
    What about them? Get some sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

all teams are in some way hypocritical.

like when team scores a slightly offside goal, the manager will says 'it looks level' when it happens to them 'it was miles offside'

people forget when it happens to their team, but remember when it happens against them

such is life I suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Ahhhh lads its all part and parcel of the game the banter of fans :)

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Nemici

can nobody just say. "ah well done Arsenal, you won a trophy and thats it" ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

NO!! begrudgery is way more fun ;)

• Advertisement

Yea wheres the fun in congratulating someone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

LOL how pathetic united win the league and their fans still need to whinge !!!!

no no no no no, Liverpool fan here. just needed to clarify that :D

Originally posted by gandalf

... is all that deserves tbh. Nice attempt at a go at Man u fans there. Pity thread was started by a l'pool supporter and contains very little whinging afaics or you might have had a point.

Originally posted by B-K-DzR
    ... is all that deserves tbh. Nice attempt at a go at Man u fans there. Pity thread was started by a l'pool supporter and contains very little whinging afaics or you might have had a point.
    ... and then followed up by utd fans who were not whinging but certainly jabbing.

... BOO!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Keep to the thread topic. :rolleyes:

It is a bit original a team who boos because they think that some injustice has been done against them. Idiots. Considering the fact that they have won two games in the last year from not knowing what the word sportsmanship mean. :rolleyes:

If the asses realised it was their flute of a player who put the ball out in the first place. :D

Maybe they were booing due to the fact that Ashley Cole stayed on his feet when the wind blew, instead of doing a "Pirouetting " pires and collapsing EVER single time anyone went near him. Then having the cheek to run to the ref and asking him not to book the player. FFS!

Still I suppose getting the 3rd choice trophy is better than nothing.

Fair play to Seaman, some cracking saves, he deserved to captain the team for his performance. Don't know where the arse will get to replace him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Originally posted by yop
    Maybe they were booing due to the fact that Ashley Cole stayed on his feet when the wind blew,
    This is exactly what it was about. The Arse fans were unhappy at Coles willingness to defy gravity for a change , so they booed in unison to create a gust of wind strong enough to blow him over and win their side yet another deserved free kick.

rofl pigman, that was brilliant :D

I can see this thread developing into something else but what about Jeffers?!?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I can see this thread developing into something else but what about Jeffers?!?

Been a locked thread, going on past experiences if anyone slags the arse :rolleyes:
    rofl pigman, that was brilliant

Classic! But do you think not a bit far fetched :p

Then again the roof was closed so he needed help, but Cole dive, the thought of it shocks me. :D

Jeffers....nuff said.

Maybe it was not booing. I could have been a unison (stole word pigman!) of whinging and keening (sp!) for the fact the United won the league and due to the hairyness of the microphone it came over the tv as booing!!

• Advertisement

OK yop I have asked you to give the persecution posts a break your ignoring me so final warning one more little snipe and your banned :)

As regarding Jeffers hes on the top of my "Players that I hope Arsenal sells" this summer as he is a cheating little git that even dives when a Arsenal player is near him.

Gandalf.

Yop, fight the System! :)

As regarding Jeffers hes on the top of my "Players that I hope Arsenal sells" this summer as he is a cheating little git that even dives when a Arsenal player is near him.

So then arse would have to sell Pires, Cole, Keown, Edu and Lungberg then for the same reason. ww)

United would have to shoot RVN and Beckham for the same shte though, wrecks my head that crap, should be cited for it after the matches if the player is spotted diving.

Well since you have not locked this thread then maybe I will give u the benefit of the doubt! :p

Naw none of the above even Van Nestlenoob are as bad as Jeffers, some one farts in the crowd and he dives. He'd have a great career in Italy !

Gandalf.

Naw none of the above even Van Nestlenoob are as bad as Jeffers, some one farts in the crowd and he dives. He'd have a great career in Italy !

do u reckon, personally I think Pires is top, then RVN, then Beckham. Total pack of beitchs.
    Was Jeffers at that when he was at Everton? I cannot remember, I did not think he was. Must be that French influence! :D

Closet Italians the lot of them

you'd understand if you'd seen him win a peno against liverpool, he was nearly in to his fifth theatrical roll on the ground before Riise went to tackle him!!!

Originally posted by gandalf

Gandalf.

Sorry how many Goals did Van Nistellrooy score? and how many did jeffers score?

He Already has a great Career in England unlike a certain Pikey from Merseyside.

Dont even have jeffers in the same sentence as Van Nistellrooy :mad:

Sposs - calm down. calm down :D

He is on that Jeffers is worse than RVN for diving. Nothing to do with goal scoring. I think anyway!
    you'd understand if you'd seen him win a peno against liverpool, he was nearly in to his fifth theatrical roll on the ground before Riise went to tackle him!!!

I saw it alright, but the likes of Pires, RVN and Beckham are consistently collapsing the minute a tackle comes in. Jeffers prob is not getting enough time on the pitch

Originally posted by yop
    Jeffers prob is not getting enough time "on" the pitch

you reckon he's got a turf fetish realsied only by hitting the turf? ;)
    hope he regrets leaving everton now, sppose it was a great chance to move to one of teh best teams in europe but he realistically couldn't have thought he'd get his game? still young though. Gandalf as a gooner wat u make of him?

• Advertisement

7 million looking poorly spent at the mo, but he is young and may come good in the future.

I really hope they get rid of Kanu and Cygan over the summer though.

Originally posted by uberwolf
    Gandalf as a gooner wat u make of him?

Jeffers was a waste of good money. I'd much prefer Pennent or Barrett getting games ahead of him.

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

But Barrett can't score for **** wherever it is he is now.

I think all these things even themselves out over the course of the season, so the United, Arsenal, or Liverpool moral hgh ground is pathetic. Truly a terrible thread, punctuatred only by Pigmans Ashley Cole/gust one wind comment. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

ok why does every thread that envolves arsenal ends with the diving element og teh game. Ye all would swear that arsenal invented it and are the only team that do it!!!

Why cant all ye people admire the way arsenal play
    Why cant ye admire the class of henry, pires and the true grit of vieira and campbell. why cant ye just admire the football rather than focusing on a few dives over an entire season

why cant ye just say congrats to arsenal for winning the fa cup

im an arsenal supporter but i give credit when its due to players of great calibre like ruud, keane, o shea etc

well thats my rant and if ye dont have anything new to say then dont say it

:mad:

Advertisement